Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Lumen Lead Technology Consultant is responsible for providing a variety of technical consulting and advisory services for many complex clients. Functions include a broad horizontal skill set and core competencies in multiple technology disciplines. Competency in areas such as business leadership, management, relationship building, and client interaction are required. This position must be available as an advisory role for critical client issues. The Lead Technology Consultant will not be responsible for hands-on device support but will consult and assist those that do.
This position is located in Nashville TN. You must reside in the area for consideration.
The Main Responsibilities
- Effectively communicate lifecycle technology and strategy recommendations / decisions to clients.
- Advance the art and methodologies used internally for the delivery of client solutions.
- Understand client business applications and how they support the company.
- Identify the on-going technical needs of the client and solution development.
- Design resilient and secure multi-tiered infrastructure environments / solutions.
- Provide on-going client technical architectural documentation.
- Create impact assessments on client infrastructure for developing / changing requirements.
- Provide lifecycle technical leadership within the Lumen account team in support of the client.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improving client infrastructure utilization to maximize value of their investment.
- Participate in problem resolution in an advisory role as required on client impacting events.
- Available for client solution development workshops as needed.
- Create and process technical documentation for service expansions or upgrades.
- Engage with sales and implementation teams prior to operational handoff to assume responsibility for the client’s architecture.
- Work with other support staff and the account team to provide process and procedure updates that enhance the technical and business expertise required to understand the inner workings of the client’s systems and on-going delivery of Lumen solutions.
- Present new infrastructure solutions and/or improved utilization proposals to client and assist the Lumen account team in pre and post sales activities.
- Provide thought leadership and technical methodology to all levels of hosting and network operations, service level delivery and applications in support of the client’s environment.
- Identify, develop and champion opportunities for automation where applicable.
- Perform regular capacity planning reviews of client’s services in an effort to identify opportunities for improving efficiency and avoiding capacity related issues.
- Create, collaborate and/or review root cause analysis reporting for service outages.
- Provide technical input during key client outages with strong crisis management abilities.
- Act as a mentor at times for peer Lead Technology Consultants, to assist in technical and professional growth where applicable based on personal skills and experiences.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- A high degree of competency in the following technical infrastructure areas: Wide Area Networking platforms, services and related infrastructure, Voice platforms, services and related infrastructure, Telecommunications platforms, services and related infrastructure, Networking platforms, services and related infrastructure, Cisco Systems LAN/WAN/Voice platforms, services and related infrastructure.
- Proficient in designing and supporting various Cisco LAN/WAN Technologies and platforms with a focus on WAN and Voice services.
- Minimum 8 or more years of relevant technical and professional experience in LAN/WAN and Voice technologies.
- Ability to gather, compile and analyze data to make practical recommendations at the tactical or strategic level to technical staff as well as executive management.
- Strong sales support skills, recognizing client needs for current and follow-on opportunities.
- Someone who immediately builds and gains client respect and possesses exceptional relationship building skills.
- Exceptional communications capabilities, to include leveraging various other teams and resources in the creation and delivering of internal and client facing presentations. To include and speaking comfortably with a technical team as well as to senior client executives.
- Must possess initiative and the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Takes accountability for problems or failures, responsible for own actions, demonstrating strong ethics and integrity and practices consistent follow-through for internal teams and client facing teams.
- Certification(s) in areas of expertise (LAN/WAN, Voice, Cloud etc…).
- Proficiency in enabling infrastructure technologies and products in partial and in fully managed environments.
- Proficiency in cloud and/or virtualization technologies and products.
- Familiarity with client systems, internet and traditional applications, database servers, firewalls, VPNs, switches and routers etc.
- ITIL certification.
- Bachelors or Equivalent in Computer Science or Information Systems
Requisition #: 265714
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.