Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Lead Systems Developer position entails monitoring, administration, oversight and incremental enhancement of Amtrak’s transportation platform and applications. Daily tasks include responding to change and trouble tickets, monitoring the platform for failures, exceptions and threshold issues, tuning and optimizing applications performance, testing applications for product upgrades and patches, communicating with customers and upper management about platform and/or ticket status, and working on occasional minor enhancements as remaining work capacity allows.
The Lead Systems Developer works on major projects providing subject matter expertise and technical direction and is also responsible for systems analysis, design, development, integration, and enhancement. The Lead Systems Developer works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and are in compliance with the organization’s architectural standards.
• Performs ongoing software development supporting applications used by Contact Centers and Station Agents. Key responsibilities include: sizing projects, design, development, documentation, unit testing, building, deployment, code reviews, break fix, and production support.
• Expert level experience developing applications using C++, VC++, MFC using Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, Java/JEE – Spring Framework, Rest API, Jackson API, Maven, JSON, SOAP Client libraries, Oracle/SQL Server, Linux/Unix/Microsoft operating systems, Client/Server Architecture, GUI, Object Oriented programming.
• Experience with Amtrak core Contact Center and Station Agent applications including: RailRes, STARS, ASAP2000, Acolyte, AAPI Library, Web service libraries (Liquid XML SOAP libraries).
• Understanding of Amtrak’s IT environments and processes, their inter-dependencies and the impact of changes on those systems such as: Arrow, ETV, ECoupon, EVoucher, EAIS, and credit card payment process.
• Adheres to quality standards and procedures. Reviews modules for quality assurance and checks compliance with application architecture standards and SLAs. May assist in defining development guidelines and standards to be utilized in software development/integration
• Defines, develops or modifies automated test modules or enterprise wide software systems using disciplined development processes. Identifies better sources of data feeds and interfaces with architects to ensure their feasibility with steady state automation.
• Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules, test activities/results and other areas such as error handling and backup/recovery procedures.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or business management and 7-10 years’ experience.
• Extensive experience programming and/or systems analysis experience. Have a broad level of understanding surrounding information systems and application architecture standards.
• Perform development of customer enhancements, and maintenance tasks using expertise with SQL Server, Oracle, VB .Net, and SSRS.
• Ability to work well under deadlines and in a flexible environment.
• Demonstrated ability to perform all essential functions. (See above)
• Must have leadership skills, experience/in-depth knowledge of business operations and systems requirements processes including ability to measure short- and long-term business goals.
• Must possess the ability to utilize adaptable communication skills to effectively translate between technical and business language.
• Must possess the skill to educate project team members on business unit goals and objectives and educate the business on the value of information technology.
• Ability to identify, propose and oversee the execution of business solutions as well as interpret
• documents communicating business needs and requirements.
• Must possess the skill to assess the client needs through direct interaction, and identify opportunities to develop the business through effective use of technology.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
• Background in transportation or logistics.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia
Job Family/Function:Information Technology
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology