Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This opportunity will provide leadership of Recruiting Coordination and Support. In this role, you will develop and support Amtrak’s Recruiting Coordinators, help streamline our recruitment processes, enhance candidate experience, and provide metrics and analysis on productivity. You will exercise exceptional organizational and project management skills, which will allow you to work effectively with internal and external clients and candidates.
In this role, you will be responsible for training, coaching and leading a team of dynamic, fast-paced Recruiting Coordinators, shaping Amtrak’s hiring manager and candidate experience. You will build and maintain accurate process documentation, flows and knowledge base to ensure data accuracy across Recruiting systems, proactively source opportunities for process improvement and execute upon process efficiencies while identifying change management needs and downstream impacts. This role is key in designing and implementing innovative recruiting processes and management these projects while partnering closely cross functionally. This role will require partnering closely with Recruiters, Recruitment Managers, HR Leaders and Business line managers to ensure they are receiving outstanding support from the Coordination team.
In this role, you will manage recruiting-support activities, equipping Recruitment Coordinators with effective tools and resources required. This role will be responsible for supporting recruitment processes that enable the Corporate and Operations Recruitment team to increase the volume of qualified, diverse talent hired into the organization in an efficient manner.
You will act as a leader of Amtrak’s Talent Acquisition team driving premium processes and standards as they align to our HR goals and company initiatives. You should have strong skills in time management/prioritization, demonstrate push-back with a sense of urgency and understand the value of providing customer centric service. The selected candidate should have a clear understanding of our HR initiatives and be a catalyst for change and positive reinforcement to the TA team.
• Train and manage a team of Recruitment Coordinators within their assigned business and maintain a balanced resource allocation across the team.
• Analyze process and workflows, defining and driving changes where appropriate; foresee potential risk areas
• Exhibit strong project management and relationship management skills to build trusted relationships with recruiting, business and candidates alike
• Identify opportunities to improve candidate and hiring manager experience, scheduling efficiencies and recruitment support process efficiencies
• Optimize and support Recruitment Coordinators to deliver on established service level agreements
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training, education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 6 years of relevant experience of recruiting, recruiting coordination, and/or project management experience
• Experience with reporting and data analysis to inform decision making
• Experience supporting senior management in large corporate environments, fast-paced companies, or senior professionals in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience with MS Office products
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little to no guidance in a fast-paced environment
• Proven experience with applicant tracking systems, HRIS platforms and ancillary supporting systems
• Ability to diagnose process inefficiencies and compliance gaps, then build solutions and adeptly roll out new processes
• Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to recruitment
• 8+ years of experience recruiting, recruiting coordination, and/or project management experience
• Management or team lead experience
• Demonstrated customer focused delivery across multiple functions and business lines
• Experience with Successfactors – ATS system
• Experience managing, training or mentoring others within a recruitment team with successful employee development
• Influencing business stakeholders on corporate initiatives and driving appropriate business decisions.
• Experience influencing change management and process improvement initiatives
• Demonstrated strong customer service skills
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s): Washington, DC; Wilmington, DE; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL; New York, NY
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || Corporate Jobs