Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As the Agile Product Manager, you make content decisions for Lumen Edge Virtual Machines. You own and prioritize the Lumen Edge Virtual Machines Program’s Backlog of features, collaborating with others to provide the content development teams will consume to provide outstanding customer value.
Work independently and collaboratively on projects that have moderate to high impact on customer and business goals. Ensure that results are tailored to meet evolving needs, goals, and timelines to meet our customer’s expectations on our Navigator platform.
The Main Responsibilities
- Identify and communicate Edge Virtual Machines vision that aligns with Lumen’s Edge strategy
- Assess customer needs, perform market research, gather business partner needs and suggest features for Edge Virtual Machines
- Gather data from qualitative and quantitative analysis to inform roadmaps and assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products
- Work with executive strategy team, business owners, and technical teams to gain alignment on product vision and roadmaps
- Gather and define Edge Virtual Machines functionality
- Work with business owners to prioritize features, organize product increments, and present on product roadmaps and release plans
- Present clear and well-defined goals for product increments and plan and run a Planning Increment (PI) review
- Track and manage metrics to measure Edge Virtual Machines service performance (e.g. adoption metrics, customer satisfaction, etc.) and experience
- Participate as a technical leader across the Agile teams, providing team members and management with focused proactive leadership and feedback when project tasks and timelines are negatively/positively impacted.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working on a product team as a Product Manager
- Experience working in an SAFE agile development environment
- 5+ years of experience with Virtual Machines and other cloud services
- Ability to influence technical and non-technical partners
- Ability to be a product evangelist
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Ability to translate customer needs into desired product capabilities
- Understanding of SAFe agile methodologies
- Experience with backlog management/agile development tools (Jira)
Nice To Have Experience
- Experience working with UI/UX designers
- Experience with driving user adoption of a digital product
Requisition #: 258157
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.