Requisition ID: 240724
Requisition Posting End Date: 11/09/2021
Career growth opportunities available to self-motivated, high performing Chemical Engineers seeking technical challenges in the process design of Petrochemical projects.
This role focuses on petrochemical plant design and applicants should have extensive experience in developing petrochemical plant preferably through the full life cycle of study to EPC.
- Determines engineering scope and set up an engineering work plan for the process engineering discipline on complex projects for FEED and EPC phases.
- Executes process engineering deliverables according to a set engineering design criteria utilizing approved engineering procedures, practices, and standards.
- Prepares, coordinates, and reviews designs, studies, reports, and proposals.
- Takes the initiative to coordinate the detailed design development of a system with other engineering disciplines while managing workload and meeting schedule due dates.
- Manages teams of process engineers and be responsible for the delivery of project deliverables (PFDs/UFDs, HMB, equipment sizing, selection and specification, PSVs and flare system sizing and specification, etc.) within the agreed job hour budgets and schedules.
- Maintains the technical quality of all process deliverables issued on the project.
- Manages and leads complex technical discussions with third parties (customer, licensors, suppliers and regulators) in order to facilitate appropriate technical decisions.
- Identifies issues (problems, value improvement opportunities) and helps clarify areas of complexity during all phases of the engineering design work.
- Understands multi-disciplinary technical issues and be able to provide innovative technical solutions to resolve these issues.
- Technical and/or leadership responsibilities for the process engineering team on a project or over a large process scope.
- Developing and/or checking overall plant and unit simulations using standard process simulation programs (Hysys, Pro II, Unisim, and/or Promax), including development of H&MBs.
- Developing and/or checking Process Flow Diagram (PFDs) and Utility Flow Diagrams (UFDs) being able to explain selected flow configuration.
- Developing and checking calculation of equipment sizes including vessels, columns, heat exchanger requirements, and packaged equipment specifications.
- Attendance and input at major reviews such a PFD/P&ID reviews, HAZOPs, and 3D model reviews. Representing the process engineering discipline and being able to explain process design questions to clients and other disciplines.
- Development of relief load narratives, relief load calculations, load summaries and relief valve datasheets.
- Development of offsites and utility design including consumptions and the overall utility summary.
- Development of alarm and trip setpoint and process safety time calculations.
- When requested, performing cold-eye technical audits on key design areas.
Skills and Qualiciations:
- A recognized bachelors degree in chemical engineering from an accredited college or university and minimum 20 years’ experience of Process Engineering experience in EPC and/or operating industry, with minimum 10 years in recent grass-root design/revamp of petrochemical units
- A conceptual understanding of chemical engineering principles of heat transfer, vapor-liquid equilibria, mass transfer and thermodynamics, and their general application to process design.
- Excellent knowledge of technical theory, engineering principles, good engineering practices and how to apply them for design execution
- Extensive experience with major regulations and industry codes and standards affecting standard design, quality, or processes
- Extensive experienced in relief calculation methodologies and industry codes and standards applicable to pressure relief design.
- Knowledgeable in process design of equipment, including vessels, columns, heat exchangers and package process specifications for equipment and control valves.
- Experience with process configuration and optimization studies to increase product yield, reduce utility consumption (steam, power, cooling water) and reduce/mitigate flare loads.
- Demonstrated experience in process simulation and automation.
- PE Licence or willingness to pursue
- Extensive process engineering experience in EPC and/or operating industry
Extensive relevant industrial experience in multiple types of units/processes required such as:
- Petrochemical units such as PTA/PET, methanol, PP/PE polymers, aromatics
- Energy transitions technologies such hydrogen production (blue/green), CCS, ammonia
- Refining units such as crude distillation, hydrotreater, fluidised catalyst cracking
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.