Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Lead Operations Engineer will apply advanced engineering and network principles, theories, concepts and technologies to solve unusually complex problems and issues at Lumen.
The Main Responsibilities
- Leads the development, evaluation and implementation of new and innovative principles, processes and applications.
- Exercises considerable latitude in decision-making under limited consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets.
- Analyzes complex local and wide area network systems and/or customer network environment, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices.
- Resolves difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms.
- Configures systems to user environments.
- Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services. Regarded as subject matter expert in applied research, development, and design of new products.
- Acts as primary consultant to leadership detailing the technical requirements and specifications necessary to obtain solutions.
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees.
- Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires limited direction and guidance with most tasks.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience.
- Solid interpersonal skills & a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Must maintain the ability to self-manage assigned job role responsibilities to achieve desired performance results.
- Candidate must possess solid written & verbal communication skills. Demonstrates prior experience interacting with customers.
- Candidate demonstrates experience in the use of personal computers, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with presentations to technical and non-technical audiences; must be able to translate technical terms and concepts to non-technical entities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute multiple tasks in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 260759
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.