Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
- The Lead DevOps Engineer understands the software development lifecycle (from coding to support) and understands various automation tools for developing digital pipelines.
- This role will shape how Lumen combines the latest technologies and services to automate all aspects of software deployment and instance lifecycle management.
- Candidate is passionate about software automation and quality is always a priority.
- This role will collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization including but not limited to executive leadership, product owners, developers, and testers to plan, develop, and implement solutions to optimize and automate business and technical processes.
- This role will have responsibility for translating product vision and turning requirements into reality.
The Main Responsibilities
- Develop and Deploy Automation Solutions for a business need.
- Apply a thorough understanding of deploying and managing application lifecycles to interpret customer business needs and processes.
- Work with the development team to improve the system architecture.
- Supportive and collaborative management ability in a team environment, as well as proven customer-facing management skills.
- Proven experience with CI/CD tools, such as GITLAB CI, Jenkins and ITCDM.
- Knowledge on how to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues in a test and product environments.
- Ability to identify, assess and integrate various requests using existing technologies and services.
- Work under agile principles.
- Assist other DevOps engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team.
- Mentor and train other DevOps engineers and seek to continually improve processes.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 10 years overall professional software development experience.
- 3 years of scripting language development experience (BASH, Perl and Python).
- LINUX Server Administration
- Experience with API integration and Micro Services and Containers
- Detailed understanding of networking at all layers.
- Familiar with concepts related to continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experienced with Relational and NOSQL databases.
- Candidate must have technical experience in orchestration tools such as Itential, Ansible, etc.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Bachelors or 10+ years Equivalent work experience.
Master’s degree with 6+ years of experience
Requisition #: 252475
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.