Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Service Delivery Organization of Lumen is seeking a Lead Operations Analyst with a strong business acumen and the technical skills necessary to uncover and present insights to various business stakeholders. This position will report to the Sr Manager of Business Operations. The Lead Operations Analyst will use operations, sales, finance, and HR data to perform strategic analyses, and provide business insights that executives and functional team leaders can use to make better business decisions. This team member is expected to become an expert in how North American Operations works and recommended insightful recommendation on how to drive the business forward.
The Main Responsibilities
- Lead Tactical Projects – Direct teams of subject matter experts to provide detailed requirements used to develop reporting or guide IT developers performing App development.
- Lead Process Improvement Teams – Using data, guide stakeholder teams to detect process gaps in their area of responsibility and drive implementation of the improvement.
- Business acumen – Ultimately the analyses we perform need to lead to insights and business decisions. It’s not enough to be able to pull data and create reports and dashboards that others have requested; our team needs to analyze the data and provide the bigger picture to help influence and drive business decisions
- Problem-solving – Our stakeholders don’t always know the right question to ask. We often must figure out what the real question is or determine the desired outcome before conducting analysis
- Communication skills – Possess the ability to explain complex analysis to executive team in simple, easy to understand language
- Data visualization – Putting together visualizations that update automatically allows our team to only need to do something once, rather than on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. This role needs to be able to turn analysis into something that a non-technical person can easily understand.
- SQL knowledge a bonus.
- Analyzes operational data, identify process deficiencies and be able to tell the story using fact-based data.
- Create reports, presentations and other communications that clearly convey the outputs from analysis and data discovery. Must be able to transform analytics into business insights and recommendations.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelors or Equivalent and 6+ years related experience with Bachelors.
- Experience with data mining, SQL and BI Tools.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to identify performance drivers and trends.
- Extensive experience of transforming analysis into visualizations and recommendations to key stakeholders (Excel, Powerpoint, BI visuals).
- Works effectively within tight deadlines and firm schedules.
- Exhibits good business judgement with the ability to overcome obstacles and think strategically to solve business problems.
- Ability to influence stakeholders to take strategic process improvement actions based on current process data.
- Masters or Equivalent
- 4+ years related experience with Masters
Requisition #: 248251
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.