Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This role is part of the Digital Experience team who is responsible for the CenturyLink.com and QuantumFiber.com site and mobile apps. The Digital Experience team is a fun, hardworking atmosphere that is centered around collaboration and respect for all team members. There is a strong sense of teamwork with a hyper focus on leading with data to drive decisions that will optimize revenue and create an amazing customer experience.
The scope would include being part of the Digital Experience Reporting team whose primary responsibility would be reporting creation, interpretation, testing optimization, and data integrity for the Mass Markets digital ecosystem. As we continue to transform, this role would play an important part implementing analytics tracking from our web experiences and mobile apps to the GA360 and GA4 platforms. Successful candidates for this role will need to have experience in GA360 and GA4, as well as mobile app analytics, and be a strong advocate for change management and have passion for the customer experience.
The Main Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing team in analyzing customer segments and uncovering key, actionable insights about Lumen users and behaviors
- Collaborates with different departments and defines requirements to improve our analytics suite
- Assist in the implementation and on-going support of GA360, Google Optimize, and GTM at Lumen, ensuring that events and other key parameters are being set up in a way that will result in accurate, meaningful measurement
- Develop a web analytics roadmap that prioritizes learning, personalization, and marketing optimization
- Design, implement and measure, controlled experiments to determine the impact of new approaches
- Understand and analyze business performance in detail, identify ideas for improvement, and communicate out actionable insights to key stakeholders
- Assist marketing team with developing cross-device attribution and Media Mix Modeling.
- This person would work daily within the DX Reporting team and the larger organization to implement our Google Analytics tools to test and validate data throughputs.
- Additionally, this person would help to drive the creation of KPI reports supported by the recent GA 360 implementation.
- Approximately 60% of the time would be spent in data staging in the Google tools, 20% report creation, and 20% would be data validation comparing to existing reporting.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Ecommerce flow setup and reporting for Universal Analytics and GA4
- Data aggregation and reconciliation from multiple source properties for rollup reporting property; source properties include web properties and mobile app (both iOS and Android)
- Integrations for Google Marketing Platforms, including SA360, DV360, CM360
- Multi-channel funnel reporting and attribution models
- Must know how to analyze events and conversions for Optimize experiment dimensions
- GA4 experience:
Familiar with built-in events vs custom events
Familiarity with custom parameter limits
Must know how to use debug view and test incoming parameters
- Experience with custom HTML and custom image tags for marketing pixels
- Experience with cookie consent trigger rules
- Know how to set up trigger groups and custom triggers
- Must know how to use GTM’s built-in version control, zones and environment snippets
- Must know how to configure GTM for iOS and Android mobile apps
- Must be able to write data Layer pushes and ecommerce event analytics code
- Ability to write analytics code for Swift and Java a plus
• 2+ years of practical work experience in Web Analytics, preferably in a consumer-facing industry measuring website and browser extension performance
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science/mathematics/statistics/data science or equivalent experience preferred
• Proven expertise with, and practical applications of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Optimize, Looker, Big Query and SQL required
• Experience designing and executing A/B tests, and providing statistical analysis and insights from the results
• Ability to think creatively, provide thoughtful insights, and develop impactful automated reporting to management
• Experience with effective communication of analytical outputs to stakeholders, including development of data summaries, visualizations and other storytelling methods
• Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization
- Graduate Degree/MBA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, Product Design, Human Computer Interaction, Information Design, Graphic Design, or a related design or behavioral science discipline
Requisition #: 276119
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.