Requisition ID: 240615
Requisition Posting End Date: 10/19/2021
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
- Responsible for assigned activities within an engineering or scientific discipline in a global business unit on extremely large complex projects or multiple smaller projects simultaneously.
- Reviews significant bid summaries, major drawings and staffing estimates and schedules.
- Applies broad and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to project engineering.
- Makes decisions independently concerning problems within the discipline on the project.
- Represents the discipline on the project and with the client to resolve technical questions and as required to coordinate work.
- Provides technical support to internal and external customers, interfaces directly with product development and provides solutions to reported problems and to situations presented.
- Supervises and provides technical direction to subordinate designers and drafters as assigned. Plans, develops, coordinates and reviews engineering work within a discipline on a project or assignment in a global business unit.
- Supervises the day-to-day technical work of discipline designers and drafters.
- Conducts annual performance reviews in accordance with approved procedures and holds career development discussions.
- When assigned, recommends personnel actions such as staff additions, terminations, transfers and salary changes.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of discipline estimates and work plan in accordance with project scope, schedule and budget, and manages implementation and performance accordingly.
- Estimates staffing needs and schedules and assigns work to meet schedule dates.
- Coordinates with client representatives as delegated to obtain their approval on phases of work.
- Reviews and approves key engineering drawings and calculations, including field and design documents relating to the discipline.
- Coordinates assigned engineering work with other project groups.
- Ensures that designers and drafters supervised receive appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development.
- Promotes the creation of a work environment, supported by leadership, which fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Communicates complex technical issues and recommends solutions to upper management.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. Civil or Mechanical Engineering is preferred
- Registered as a Chartered Engineer is a plus
- Minimum 15+ years’ experience supervising large projects.
- Experience working on lines in LNG plants, ECU units, Hydrogen, water treatment, Methanol plants or/and carbon capture is a plus.
- Knowledge of systems, calculations, equipment, applications of methods, plant layout, materials, and computers in the discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
- Extensive knowledge of precedents in the discipline and of principles and practices of related disciplines.
- Extensive knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
- Extensive knowledge of industry /regulatory codes and standards, and design and/or layout criteria.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of Engineering Department Procedures (EDPs), Design Guides, appropriate Bechtel Standard Computer Applications (BSAPs) and administrative practices.
- Demonstrated skill in leadership with prior supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of application, use and coordination of 2-D and 3-D Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools on a project.
- The above is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, from an accredited college or university, OR
- A professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline, from a recognized licensing board, OR
- Specialized courses in relevant general engineering or science or an appropriate engineering discipline, AND
- Broad progressive work experience in design engineering, science or other relevant types of engineering such as systems startup, field engineering or plant operation in large industrial plants, utilities, process plants, or engineering/construction firms.
What we offer
At Bechtel we offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity for flexible working to achieve greater work-life balance. Employee wellbeing is at the centre of our business and Bechtel is committed to offering you the benefits and resources to live healthy lives. We can offer:
• Flexible Working
• Private Medical Coverage
• Life Insurance Program
• Pension Scheme
• Employee Assistance Program
• Long Term Disability Scheme
Bechtel’s Vision, Values and Covenants commit us to the ideals of fairness, diversity, inclusion, trust, and collaboration, among others. These values help define our culture, our way of doing business, and the positive impact we aspire to make in the world through our people and projects. At our project sites and offices, we have many colleagues from different nationalities, religions, and backgrounds working together to accomplish amazing things.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.