Requisition ID: 240734
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Plans, schedules and conducts independent work in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in one discipline in a project or staff group. Coordinates detailed phases of engineering work requiring judgment in the application of techniques. Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Performs work using standard application programs and appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools. Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment. Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders. Reviews bid analyses and makes recommendations. Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
- Performs or assists in the performance of problem analysis and original design and normally uses conventional approaches to solving technical problems encountered. Coordinates engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines with the client, suppliers, and contractors and between other groups to gather or give information. Provides technical direction and assigns work to subordinate engineers, designers, drafters, technicians and others who assist in performing specific assignments.
- Plans and conducts independent work within a Global Business Unit that requires judgment in evaluating, selecting, applying, and adapting engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems. Manages the work of a small group of engineers.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A recognized degree in a job related engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or a professional license in an appropriate engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, or sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements.
- Practical work experience in design engineering or relevant equivalent experience in all types of engineering sufficient to demonstrate competence as a trained engineer.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations. Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline. Broad knowledge of the application of engineering to plant constructability as applied to construction methods and materials. Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D) and CAE and relevant standard computer applications to perform the work. Understanding of engineering planning and control methods including computerized methods.
- Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved. Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
Specific experience in planning and executing greenfield or brownfield projects in one or more of the following market segments:
- Natural gas processing including liquefaction and regasification
- Coal, gas or biomass to chemicals such as methanol and ammonia
- Petrochemicals such as HDPE, LDPE, MEG, PET, PTA, PVC and others
- Carbon capture and sequestration
- Solar and/or combined cycle power plants
- Hydrogen value chain including electrolysis, reforming, liquefaction, transportation and fueling stations
- Offshore and onshore pipelines
- Desalination, raw water, demineralized water and waste water treatment plants
- Familiarity with current process technologies and licensors associated with the above.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR GRADE 26
- Registration as Professional Engineer is required.
- ETAP calculation experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with 110kV+ power distribution / transmission.
- Previous experience on Project Proposals or FEEDs is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience preparing estimated quantities, jobhour estimates, and schedule planning is strongly preferred.
- Ability to develop innovative ideas to reduce project total installed costs (TIC).
- Ability to present technical design issues to customer and supplier, and ability to recommend solution based on knowledge and experience.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS FOR GRADE 27
- Previous experience preparing estimated quantities, jobhour estimates, and schedule planning is required.
- Previous experience as a Lead Engineer for an Area, Complex Package, Proposal, FEED, or EPC is required.
- Previous experience leading Project Proposals, FEED, or EPC is strongly preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.