Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The DevOps Engineer collaborates with software developers, system operators and other IT staff members on the improvement of the software development pipeline. This role is expected to cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind to design, plan and test. Support the Continuous Exploration, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline.
The Main Responsibilities
- Facilitate the adoption of target DevOps tools and best practices
- Enable and support the Release on Demand capability for all regional applications
- Drive regional DevOps alignment to global strategies
- Maintain & support the DevOps Toolchain for all regional applications (Coding, Building, Testing, Packaging, Releasing, Configuring, Monitoring)
- Software quality improvement
- Enable CE/CI/CD pipeline automations
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Help perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Help reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
- Drive Continuous Improvement through the delivery of value metrics for DevOps practices, software development and quality assurance
- Reduce business risks by enabling environment & release on demand
- Ensure better time to market through improved release frequency
- Improve Production Support (Lower failure rate, shorted lead time between fixes, faster mean recovery time)
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Software development skills
- Understanding of DevOps tools & technologies (Source Control, Infrastructure automation, deploy automation, container concepts, orchestration, cloud)
- CI/CD automation (Jenkins, SonarQube, YAML, GitHub pipeline)
- Infrastructure Skills (Infrastructure as Code, Ansible, Morpheus, Scripting, etc)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Testing automation
- Cloud Skills (IAAS, PAAS)
- Security & Network Skills
- Reporting & BigData (Splunk, PowerBI)
- Agile Methodologies (SAFE)
Requisition #: 248712
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.