Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The HR Analytics, Lead Data Analyst has responsibility for analytics, analysis, data, non- standard reporting, and metrics within a designated business group at CenturyLink. This role will compile and analyze data to provide decision support to help drive the business on topics such as operations, cash flow, headcount, workforce planning, development, engagement, cost management, and retention. The role will have accountability for supporting the design and development – and leading the interpretation of – workforce reports and dashboards, including identifying key trends, opportunities and problem areas.
The Main Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary consultant for internal clients to design and support analytics, identify and perform statistical analyses, and make recommendations on complex business issues in partnership with functional leadership.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business objectives to design analytic models to provide data insights to best support data-driven business decisions helping to maximize our investment in people.
- Gather and analyze data, using advanced statistical and predictive models to identify trends and root cause of problems to recommend headcount, assist in workforce planning, predict turnover, improve hiring and marketing, and other important business issues.
- Use technology, analytical, and quantitative research tools and models to develop and analyze cross-functional data as needed. Process large amounts of text-based data using software and statistical tools.
- Continuously learn new tools and ways to mine and visualize data. Design audience-specific presentations with consideration of visualization principles to share data in an intuitive manner.
- Present methodology and conclusions of analyses to a variety of recipients including peers, management, and senior executive teams. Take the results of analyses and tell a story with the data to guide leaders in business decisions with the ability to explain details and high-level overviews depending on the audience.
- Build partnerships with business leaders and with other functional analytics groups to increase awareness of available data, improve business acumen and analysis.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to promote data standards, quality, and governance to improve overall strategic and operational performance and insight.
- Partner with the Reporting Organization to design, develop, and generate non-standard reports, scorecards and dashboards. Analyze the data to ensure accuracy and that the content meets business needs and requirements.
- Access current reporting capabilities and make recommendations for improvement. Recommend and participate in the implementation of new reporting systems and assessment of new tecnology tools.
- Partner closely with HRIS on required system functionality to collect, analyze, present data and drive data accuracy.
- Provide guidance, training and subject matter expertise to teams and employees in asking appropriate questions, selecting the right metrics, interpreting the data and translating into actionable recommendations.
- Utilize project management skills and indirect leadership skills to facilitate projects. May serve as a project manager or project workstream lead on multiple projects, initiatives, or studies. Produce clear, concise reports and/or presentations to communicate stats, risks and key updates.
What We Look For in a Candidate
Click Enter to preview the description of QualificationsPreview
- Master’s Degree in I/O Psychology, statistics, mathematics, human resources, business or related field highly preferred
- A Strong foundation in using statistical and data visualization tools (e.g. SPSS, r. Tableau, Python, etc.)
- Advance experience with Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Strong analytical execution with thoroughness, accuracy, and focus on data integrity
- Strong database management skills including the ability to merge, clean and analyze large amounts of data
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to explain data and findings to a non-technical audience
- Excellent executive presentation skills: ability to extract, analyze and present actionable information from complex research
- Identify risks and opportunities, brainstorm innovative solutions, and drive actions to quick resolution
- Think strategically, persuade stakeholders, and execute methodically and autonomously
- Strong relationship building skills with internal/external partners
- Experience working at a large, matrixed organization is highly preferred
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities
- 6+ years related experience with Bachelors
- 4+ years related experience with Masters
Requisition #: 251943
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min $72540 Salary Max $161520
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by visiting https://lumenbenefits.com.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.