Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
At Lumen, we are committed to creating and maintaining an ethical business culture. Lumen’s Corporate Ethics & Compliance Team, led by the Company’s Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer, is responsible for communicating and reinforcing the ethical and legal standards that govern our business conduct. Our team is seeking a full-time Lead Corporate Investigator to conduct internal investigations into concerns raised internally and externally and reported to the Compliance team through a variety of channels, including the Lumen Integrity Line. The investigator will report directly to the Manager of Corporate Investigations, will work closely with Management, Human Resources and members of the Law Department while conducting investigations, and will otherwise support the Ethics and Compliance team. The Corporate Investigator role in the organization is critical to the success of the company.
The Main Responsibilities
· Efficiently conduct internal privileged and/or confidential investigations into allegations of illegal or unethical conduct brought by or against Lumen executives, employees, contractors, suppliers, vendors, customers, or members of the general public.
· Effectively prioritize and manage investigations of varying degrees of severity, complexity, and urgency. Must be able to respond quickly to critical events that require immediate investigative support and demonstrate flexibility in responding to changes in assignment and job responsibility.
· Thoroughly document investigative findings and prepare concise Reports of Investigation for read-outs to Human Resources and Senior Management.
· Demonstrate excellent research, analytical, oral and written communication skills. Background in or general understanding of investigations, accounting principles, human resources, or EEO laws (Title VII, ADA, ADEA) is a plus. Submission of a writing sample is encouraged.
· Travel may be required for more complex investigations.
What We Look For in a Candidate
· Juris Doctor preferred.
· 3-5 years related investigative experience required.
Requisition #: 248651
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.