Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
We are currently seeking an experienced SQL developer to join our Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics team. You will be involved in the entire development lifecycle helping to define requirements, architect designs, develop complex ETL, design and code reports, test results and produce analytics for internal use within the company. You will have the opportunity to participate in determining the direction of new development and actively share knowledge with other team members.
The primary purpose of this position is to develop reports in support of Operational business performance reporting and internal customer self-service reporting. The secondary role will include analyzing data, processes, and systems to identify opportunities for process and performance improvement.
The Main Responsibilities
What you will be doing:
- Be involved in all aspects of the development life cycle including, requirements gathering, architecture, development, testing, training, implementation and support of reporting applications to be used internally by our employees.
- Using your creativity and curiosity to partner with associates in other business areas to define business needs and help translate those needs into reporting system requirements
- Develop back end SQL Server and Oracle data marts in support of team data and reporting initiatives.
- Create complex SQL queries and database objects (stored procs, views, etc) to pull and manage data.
- Developing complex SSIS packages to move and translate data
- Interface with other teams and departments to develop new and modify existing reporting applications.
- Develop front end reporting applications using Microsoft SSRS and Tableau
- Resolve data and reporting issues from business partners.
- Provide data and programming expertise to meet internal ad hoc data requirements.
- Provide production support (generally during normal business hours) for scheduled reporting activities.
What’s in it for you:
- Work for a well-established, growing telecommunications company.
- Competitive salaries, full benefits, 401K and much more.
- Opportunity for advancement and growth.
- Ability to contribute technical and analytical expertise help redesign the reporting architecture within the company.
What We Look For in a Candidate
What you need to apply:
- 5+ years experience with Microsoft SQL Server and the design and development of complex SQL based database objects and SSIS packages.
- Knowledgeable in performance tuning
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex coding issues that require back tracing logic through multiple packages, stored procs and data sources.
- 5+ years experience in developing Microsoft SSRS reports
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to communicate with business managers and end users.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Telecommunications industry experience a plus.
- Tableau experience a plus
Professional Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. Typically 8+ years related experience and 6+ years related experience with Master’s degree
Requisition #: 258239
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.