Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The Lead Infrastructure Engineer will apply software and automation-based Architecture / Engineering principles, theories, concepts and technologies to guide the solving of unusually complex problems and issues.
The Main Responsibilities
- Exercises considerable latitude in decision-making under limited consultative direction toward predetermined long-range targets.
- Analyzes complex systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting and implementing software-based solutions for infrastructure / site monitoring of availability, latency, performance telemetry; as well as solutions for capacity planning, change management, emergency response planning, and efficiency.
- Architect modern automation-based solutions to achieve high availability and performance to systems
- Supports acquisition and implementation of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services for new efforts.
- Regarded as subject matter expert in applied research, development, and design of new offerings.
- Acts as primary consultant to leadership detailing the technical requirements and specifications necessary to obtain solutions.
- May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees. Requires limited direction and guidance with most tasks.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience. Typically, with 6+ years related experience.
- 6+ years’ experience with software engineering/development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux (shell), Windows Server and scripting
- Experience operating, designing and building large scale, production grade, systems
- Understands large scale private cloud / data center networking
- Experience leveraging Git based (GitHub) source control including feature branching strategies
- Has experience evaluating, deploying, operating and troubleshooting a variety of open-source tools
- Experience with DevOps or Site Reliability Engineering practices
- Container Orchestration Frameworks / technologies – Kubernetes, Docker, Calico, Ngnix, Istio, Consul, Rook, Prometheus, Grafana, Mesos / Marathon, SpringBoot.
- Cloud Engineering in Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Google Cloud Platform using CloudFormation, Azure ARM templates, Terraform
- Distributed Data Platforms / technologies – Cloudera, DataStax, MongoDB, Couchbase, Confluent Kafka, Solr Cloud, Talend, Tibco, Active WebMethods
- Infrastructure Automation Pipelines using DevOps tools / technologies like Ansible, Salt Stack, GitHub, Jenkins, Nexus, Python scripts.
- Full Lifecycle API Management technologies like Google Apigee Gateway, CA API Gateway, Kong
- Hardware and Software load-balancing and routing using Citrix NetScaler Traffic Manager and F5, Fabio, Azul, Apache Web Server
- Middleware technologies – Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Tuxedo, Red Hat JBOSS
- OS / Misc. technologies – VMware ESX, Linux, Windows, Solaris, HashiCorp Vault
Requisition #: 248691
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.