Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours – Green light your career.
In this contemporary role, the Lead Accountant – Revenue will play a key role in the revenue accounting close process to ensure excellence in core ledger responsibilities, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations. This role will also partner with finance to analyze income statement and balance sheet revenue trends that will reviewed by senior management. Additionally, this role will coordinate with CDK’s external auditors, tax department, consolidations group, and technical accounting team to apply accounting policy and generate superior quality analysis with respect to revenue accounting. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting, this role will also mentor, guide and reviews the work product of the local and shared service accounting teams. The lead accountant is a change agent continuously enhancing process and improving the control environment.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Revenue Accounting Close
- Take ownership of specific areas in the revenue accounting close process
- Partner with the shared service accounting team to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of the General Ledger
- Analyze revenue system outputs and prepare balance sheet and income statement analytics to be shared with finance business partners
- Partner with finance on ad hoc revenue analyses, including complex modeling to collect business data elements and convey results to Senior Management
- Ownership of complex account reconciliations to certify compliance with accounting policies
- Provide detailed analysis of balance sheet fluctuations and trends
- Develop schedules and insights for planning and external reporting, including, but not limited to footnote support
- Establish, modify, document and coordinate the implementation of revenue accounting and control procedures and efficiencies as necessary to meet established company goals
- Coordinate audit requests for external and internal auditors
- Develop, document, and apply accounting policies and procedures
- Partner with technical accounting on revenue compliance within revenue accounting system
- Special projects as assigned
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Designation
- 5+ years’ experience with public company accounting and/or auditing public companies (SOX 404 environment).
- Strong data analysis and modeling skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Superior command of US GAAP with ASC 606 expertise required
- Ability to manage deadlines, prioritize work and perform independently
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- Experience partnering with a shared service team
- Oracle EBS and Blackline
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.