You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
- Start Date: ASAP
- Status: Full Time
- Schedule: Monday – Friday: 9:00am-3:30pm
- Compensation: $16.75/hr
- For Single Site Order Locations: + $4.22/hr ($20.97/hr)
• Single Site Order (SSO) is subject to the direction of government and may be discontinued at any time.
- Location: Berwick Royal Oak, 4680 Elk Lake Dr, Victoria, BC
- Other: Must obtain First Aid Certificate
With this position, you will have the opportunity to work at the beautiful retirement community, Berwick Royal Oak, located in Victoria, BC. Situated in the beautiful Vancouver Island region, Victoria offers and excellent quality of life, including a wide range of outdoor and indoor recreational choices for families and outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy. This is Vancouver Island at its best!
Performs light cleaning duties to maintain establishments, including hotels, restaurants retirement homes and hospitals, in a clean and orderly manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and disinfect areas and items such as surgical procedure areas, washrooms, operating room tables, stretchers, vents, interior windows, walls, glass, doors and mirrors.
- Strip, wash and make beds; collect and fold linen.
- Damp mop hard floors and auto scrub as needed.
- Check all main areas, lobbies, stairwells, elevators/escalators and mezzanines and clean as required.
- Vacuum carpeted areas and complete carpet extraction as needed.
- Remove all garbage from resident/patient rooms and common areas.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident and personnel information.
- Maintain a safe environment at all times (e.g. use of wet floor signs).
- Perform duties according to health and safety guidelines.
- Report all injuries and hazards to the supervisor immediately.
- Responding to emergency cleanups as required.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Housekeepers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in healthcare, hotel or commercial cleaning is an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Physical ability to perform all aspects of the job, including requirements to lift up to 20 pounds.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Tuberculosis Screening Test results will also be required. **
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.