Pre-employment Testing Requirement
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires a pre-employment assessment. Both experience and entry-level candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. After applying applicants will receive the Phase I Online Assessment via email. Please check all email folders (inbox, spam, etc.) for this communication.
Applicants MUST complete the pre-employment assessment by Friday, July 16, 2021 @ 11:59 PM CST.
Applicants who do not complete the required assessment by the un-post date or who completes it after the date will be disqualified from consideration for this open position.
- NEW applicants must complete the assessment before the requisition close date.
- RETURNING applicants with unexpired test results MUST map exisiting test results to each application submitted by accessing the test link. You WILL NOT have to re-test.
- INELIGIBLE applicants that re-apply prior to their assessment score expiration date will be automatically disqualified from consideration.
Assessment results are valid for one (1) year and ineligible applicants MUST wait the mandatory year before retesting or reapplying for U.S. Operations and Mechanical (O&M) job postings that require pre-employment testing.
ExxonMobil offers excellent pay and benefits including medical, dental, pension and 401(k) plans.
Disclaimer: Candidates are responsible for any out-of-pocket expenses incurred during the pre-employment process (e.g. airfare, hotel, relocation, etc.).
Job Role Summary
• Laboratory Technicians run lab analyses on finished gasoline, distillate, and LPG products, in-process streams, and other materials including but not limited to liquids, gases, and solids.
• Work schedule is a rotating 12-hour shift and requires working days, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
• Jobs are located at the Joliet Refinery, Joliet, IL.
Job Role Responsibilities
- Safely perform duties with strict adherence to procedures, use of personal protective equipment (PPE), and company policy.
- Ownership of personal safety and safety of co-workers.
- Work a rotating shift schedule in a team environment.
- Testing Responsibilities
- Receive samples into the lab via the LIMS system.
- Run lab analyses and ensure products meet the customer requirements.
- Make solutions according to directions.
- Understand and follow the Quality Assurance System (QAS) and laboratory test methods (ASTM, AASHTO, SM, etc.).
- Complete routine and non-routine tasks in a timely manner.
- Investigate testing nonconformance.
- Set up of new tests and associated equipment.
- Data Recording Responsibilities
- Record pertinent data.
- Review test result accuracy before and after reporting.
- Identify out of specification finished product results, inform appropriate personnel, and retest when appropriate.
- Provide in-process data needed by operating units.
- Provide accurate reporting of regulatory required data.
- Quality Control
- Perform Statistical Quality Control (SQC) analysis as scheduled and enter them into Sample Manager.
- Appropriately respond to run rule or out of control violations.
- Equipment/Maintenance and Calibration
- Recognize when equipment should be taken out of service and tag it appropriately.
- Perform specified maintenance and record maintenance performed as qualified.
- Perform specified calibrations as qualified, record calibration data and communicates results to notify the Chemist/Specialist for that area.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess valid drivers’ license.
- Able and willing to work shift work, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Able and willing to work both independently and in a team environment.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Abilities (KSA’s)
- Desire and ability to be a leader in personal safety
- Basic computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office)
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.