Location Name: Evans City, PA
Location Address: 440 Hartman Road, Evans City, PA, United States (US), 16033
Job/Requisition ID: 63708
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Shift: 12-hour Shift
MPC is currrently seeking a lab technician for the Bluestone Processing Facility in Evans City, PA.
- Sets up and operates laboratory instruments to perform standardized testing in according to industry/ standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Receives, logs and prepares samples for testing. As needed, prepares field sampling schedule.
- Conducts analysis per protocol specifications. Documents test results.
- Prepares and issues certificate of analysis (CoA) in accordance with established standards.
- Cleans and sterilizes laboratory equipment. Performs routine preventive maintenance on gas chromatography components.
- Schedules equipment testing and validation to assess accuracy and reliability.
- Maintains inventory of chromatographic gases.
- Complies with laboratory’s chemical hygiene plan (CHP).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Calibration – Develops ability to perform calibration on instruments with accuracy and precision in accordance with established procedures. Aware of environmental factors such as temperature, vibration, noise affecting calibration.
- Chromatography Fundamentals -Develops working knowledge of underlying principles of the chromatographic process, mechanisms that result in chromatographic separation, analytical techniques used to determine composition of natural gas and calculate its energy content.
- Equipment Maintenance – Develops knowledge of and ability to perform asset-specific preventative and predictive maintenance to assure equipment operation at acceptable performance levels
- Laboratory Industry Standards – Develops knowledge of and practical experience with industry standards for hydrocarbon sampling and testing from American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American Gas Association (AGA), GPA Midstream Association and related organizations.
- Natural Gas Composition – Develops knowledge of natural gas components, their chemical composition and effects of temperature and pressure.
- Safety – Applies in difficult or complex situations, ability to recognize safety risks in operational activities and use appropriate measures to control and manage identified risks.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to recognize and identify potential hazards. Evaluates changes in work environment with respect to impact on safety of self and others. Understands potential threats created by deviation from safety procedures and improper use of tools and equipment. Uses personal protection equipment. Uses tools and equipment in compliance with manuals and training. Calls attention to potential and actual hazardous conditions as they arise. Demonstrates knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures. Stops work if there are unsafe working conditions.
- Sampling – Develops ability to collect representative sample in accordance with sampling protocols can be determined for economic and treatment purposes. Understands conditions affecting sample quality.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or a science equivalent field with a minimum of 20 credit hours of chemistry is preferred.
- One year or more of analytical labortaory experience experience preferred.
- Must hold a valid Driver License with excellent driving record.
- Must be able to complete Health Questionnaire and pass drug test and background check.
- Must be able to work a rotating 12-hour schedule, which includes nights, weekends, holidays and vacation coverage for peers.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.