Location: LOC_ROBERTS-Roberts Ctr Pediatric Research
Req ID: 134041
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
The Center for Data Driven Discovery in Biomedicine (D3b) – d3b.center, is seeking a skilled Laboratory-Based Project Specialist to act as the center’s Research Lab Project Manager & Specialist to manage and oversee the initiation, planning, and execution of all the lab research projects supported by D3b. The Lab Research Project Manager & Specialist will be responsible for creating project plans, assigning project timelines, establishing the project budget, identifying any project risks and developing mitigation plans, and reporting project status to leadership to ensure the project is executed on time and on track to meet the project deliverables. The Research Lab Project Manager & Specialist will be working directly with the lab director, lab personnel, and a multidisciplinary team that includes coordinators, specimen techs, and informatics expertise and working with principal investigators and their teams to identify project requirements. Successful candidates will have experience in project management methodology, be proficient at managing multiple projects, be highly effective communicators, and believe in empowering their multidisciplinary teams to deliver on innovation. Knowledge of laboratory techniques including, cell line and organoid development, animal models, tissue extraction, and drug testing, is strongly preferred.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Prepares written documentation in support of planned projects.
2. Develops and monitors work plans and project backlogs with the project team.
3. Develops the project timeline and ensure that activities are executed within those timelines
4. Communicate relevant project plans and alternatives, including risk analyses and mitigation strategies.
5. Manages and maintains continuous communications with the project stakeholders and team.
6. Manages and lead project-related meetings and check-ins
7. Provide project status reports to management on a weekly, monthly, annual basis
8. Assist with annual reports
9. May have minimal supervisory responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelors in Medical Technology or other science related field.
Required Experience: Five (5) years of related experience.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Masters
Preferred Experience: Project Management methodology including agile
Additional Technical Requirements
● Traditional project management method
● Understanding of agile methodology
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146