You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for a Kitchen Steward at Berwick Royal Oak.
- Start Date: Open Until Filled
- Base Pay: $16.00 per hour
- For Single Site Order Locations: Base Pay + $4.97/hr ($20.97/hr)
• Single Site Order (SSO) is subject to the direction of government and may be discontinued at any time.
- Employment Status: Part-time
- Shifts: Varies shifts between the times of 7:30am and 8:30pm
- Location: Berwick Royal Oak, 4680 Elk Lake Dr, Victoria, BC.
Do you consider yourself a hard worker?
Are you looking to begin a career in the hospitality industry?
Are you looking for a clear career trajectory and a company that can help you get there?
What’s in it for you?
- If you are looking for a stable, growing organization that can help you launch a career with endless advancement opportunities, you belong at Marquise.
- Marquise offers a wealth of training and development opportunities and career pathing puts you in control of your future.
- Perks – enjoy amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc. through our Total Rewards program.
With this position, you will have the opportunity to work at the beautiful retirement community, Berwick Royal Oak, located in Victoria, BC. Situated in the beautiful Vancouver Island region, Victoria offers and excellent quality of life, including a wide range of outdoor and indoor recreational choices for families and outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy. This is Vancouver Island at its best!
This is an excellent entry level position with room for advancement.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide kitchen and service staff with an ongoing supply of clean dishes, utensils and equipment.
- Keep the dishwashing area organized with areas for stacking and presoaking.
- Assist kitchen team in scrubbing down kitchen after services.
- Follow safety procedures, e.g. for lifting, use of chemicals etc.
- Ensure strict compliance with Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety programs.
- Other reasonable duties outlined by Management.
- Interested in advancement.
- Willing to work in fast paced environment.
- Previous dishwashing experience preferred but not required.
- Kitchen experience in a fast paced environment preferred but not required.
- Flexible hours.
- Food Safe and non-slip shoes are required
Important note: A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Tuberculosis Screening Test results will also be required.
Berwick Royal Oak is conveniently located on Elk Lake Drive on bus routes 35 and 72. The Royal Oak Bus Exchange, which has stops for routes 6, 9, 30, 31, 32, 39, 70, 71, 75 and 83, is less than a five minute walk away. Limited associate parking is also available.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.