With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Title: Executive OR Assistant Manager Sales
Education & Relevant Experience (in brief):
- Engineering graduate in Mechanical OR Industrial Production with 7 to 12 years of experience in Sales / Application, preferably metal cutting products and working in technical manufacturing environment.
- Should be Competent in understanding and communicating all product and technical information.
- Able to assess customer needs competently.
- A computer literate with good presentation skills and lot of drive/energy to bring co-ordination and cohesiveness amongst all functions to implement the decided strategies and achieve sales plan.
- Strong administrative/communication skills.
- Should be willing to travel extensively.
- Should be willing to work with cross functional teams to meet customer needs.
Desired skills and experience:
- Passion to work in a challenging work environment
- Positive attitude & Self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good influencing skills
- Hands-on and can-do attitude – high energy, positive, deadline-driven, dependable with an ability to deliver results with aggressive deadlines.
- Deployment of KVBS, Six Sigma, Lean & Business excellence methodologies
- Strong presentation skills when communicating with external and internal audiences.
- He should have ability to effectively grow and maintain strong relationship with various functional groups of the client base and should be able to apply creativity and innovation in approach and implementation.
- He should have excellent business acumen, financial, negotiating skills as well as have strong interpersonal, communications skills & Excellent Execution Capabilities.
- Responsible for driving Channel Sales to achieve their goals.
- Prepare monthly report on sales volume, highlights, business conditions, competitor activities and growth initiatives.
- Should have handled Channel Sales for a minimum of one year period successfully growing the business 3X IIP.
- Should have trained and developed a team of DSEs at the Distributor end for growth of channel sales in the market.
- Having conducted Regional Seminars/Roadshows would be an added advantage.
- Should be a self-starter and enjoys extensive team work and learning throughout.
- Mapping market potential and planning account sales and profitability.
- Preparing and executing strategies to achieve pre-set targets and ensuring profitability.
- Administering lead generation, tracking information on new projects/opportunities, matching available opportunities in the market with company product portfolio and presenting the same as a profitable business solution.
- Managing presentations and demonstrations on new technology and products for potential new business.
- Monitoring competition and devise effective counter strategies.
- Assists, advises and trains customers utilizing Kennametal / Kennametal & Widia products to maximize customers’ productivity and machine uptime and reduce their operating costs, thereby helping our customers grow market share and ultimately growing KENNAMETAL & WIDIA sales
- Analyzes and provides solutions for difficult operating conditions/problems at customer job sites by specifying and applying KENNAMETAL & WIDIA product and services.
- Identifying & exploring new opportunities and driving big projects through CAP (Customer Acquisition Process).
- Respond to and resolve problems/complaints at customers related to product quality/performance issues and/or delivery problems
- Should be able to conduct min 4 Successful TPRs per month and upload in the system
Equal Opportunity Employer