At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
POSITION: Mass Key Account Manager – UK – Wizards of the Coast
REPORTS TO: Mass Channel Development Manager EMEA
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The purpose of this role is to provide focus for Mass channel sales in the UK & Ireland with Wizards of the Coast (Wizards) brands.
- Make recommendations to help develop Mass strategy and execute company goals.
- Execute the recommended sales strategy for Wizards in UK Mass Retail
- Suggest areas of new opportunities and business development in UK Market for Mass expansion
This position will be based in Stockley Park, Uxbridge.
Day to day responsibilities for this wizard
- Source and suggest appropriate wholesale partners to incrementally grow the business through Mass channel expansion.
- Generate and grow business with Direct accounts, ensuring objectives and spend targets are agreed with every account.
- Build, Implement and monitor full year business plan with wholesaler and direct accounts.
- Working with Retail Marketing Manager, execute and monitor marketing campaigns with channel partners
- Establish effective relationships with key personnel in each retail account
- Make recommendation internally for Mass UK stock production on every Wizards new release.
- Monitor stock availability and recommend initiatives to address any issue to ensure maximum availability of Wizards offering in channel.
- Work together with the Marketing teams to ensure Mass UK inclusion within Brand Marketing campaigns.
- Lead in yearly discussion of renewal of trade terms.
- Recommend product portfolio based on UK Mass Market specific requirements in accordance with Wizards brands strategy and objectives.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Crafting and Casting these Spells:
- Proven account management experience with retailers in UK National Retail.
- Experience in the Entertainment and/or Games industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Fluent in English
- Strong commercial experience
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent planning ability
- Organised self-starter
- Excellent communicator
- Great teammate
Education and Training:
- Degree level education with business, commerce, marketing or sales related fields.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.