Requisition ID: 50669
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Looking to take the next step in your career?
Hatch is currently seeking a highly motivated Junior Electrical Engineer – Power to join our Systems Engineering group in Hatch LTK’s Los Angeles, CA office.
In this role, the ideal candidate is an electrical engineer who is detail oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment. Candidates must have knowledge of core electrical engineering concepts and have a minimum of 0-2 years of professional engineering experience. Any experience working in the rail or power industries is a bonus. An FE/EIT registration is desirable but not required.
As a successful candidate, you will:
- Work with an elite group of rail systems design professionals focusing on North American projects, with opportunities in both rail and transit markets
- Participate in design, testing, and commissioning activities on various transportation projects with a focus on Power and Electrical Systems
- Collaborate with team members locally and remotely to accomplish project objectives
- Develop and review design documents and engineering reports
- Perform engineering studies using modeling software
You bring to the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline from an ABET accredited program
- A minimum of 0-2 years of engineering experience
- Experience involving electrical power, electronics, battery technology, or multi-system integration
- Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, work well within a team, take direction from other senior staff members, be able to multi-task on a variety of work assignments, and meet deadlines
- Ability to solve unique problems through self-motivated learning and research
- Familiarity with technical writing and drafting software tools
The following skills/experience are a plus:
- FE/EIT certificate
- Highly developed analytical skills and hands-on experience
- Coursework or professional experience in electric power, power electronics, electrical grid, battery technologies, and PLCs
- Field testing
Why join us?
- Develop innovation partnerships
- Think globally, act locally
- Engage with people who make a difference
What we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Exposure to cutting edge technologies and innovation
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.