Position Title (for posting purposes)
Journeyman Level Mechanic (Multiple Shifts)
Internal: 4/1/2021 – 4/15/2021
External: 4/1/2021 – 4/30/2021
Business and Location
NAC – Salem SpaceKraft
Full-Time or Part-Time
Journeyman Level Mechanic (Multiple Shifts)
The International Paper, Salem SpaceKraft Plant is accepting applications for multiple full-time Journeyman Level Mechanic positions. Applicants may be considered for any Journeyman Level Mechanic opening on any shift where opportunities are available. The Salem SpaceKraft plant is located at 4060 Fairview Industrial Dr SE, Salem, OR, 97302.
We are hiring two (2) Journeyman Level Mechanics for the following shifts:
- 12-Hour Days/AM Shift: 12 hour shifts (6am – 6pm), following a four-on/four-off schedule.
- 2nd Shift: 8 hour shifts (2pm – 10pm), five days per week Monday – Friday.
As an essential business, International Paper is a Fortune 500 company and global leader in the packaging and paper industries. International Paper’s SpaceKraft business produces liquid bulk packaging solutions, specifically flexible packaging (liners), corrugated packaging, and injection molding.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. Journeyman Level Mechanics are responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Primary duties of the Journeyman Level Mechanic position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- High school degree or GED, or equivalent experience;
- Candidates that possess a technical degree or apprenticeship certification are preferred;
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing production environment; experience working in packaging manufacturing industry is preferred;
- At least 2 years of prior industrial maintenance experience is highly preferred.
- Must be willing to work either of the available shifts (listed at top);
- Must be willing to work weekends and overtime as required (sometimes with short notice);
We are looking for the following knowledge, skills, and abilities in a successful candidate:
- Proven track record on safety and quality;
- Solid mechanical aptitude, and basic math skills;
- Ability to interface with computer and enter data into various software platforms; Previous CMMS experience desired;
- Demonstrated work performance to be self-directed and self-motivated;
- Ability to follow written instructions and procedures as outlined, consistently and reliably in accordance with all safety quality expectations;
- Professional attitude and good communication skills.
The Journeyman Level Mechanic rate of pay is $29.75. Your compensation also includes an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, disability, paid vacation as and 401(k) and retirement savings plans.
To be considered for the role, you must apply online at www.internationalpaper.com.
Successful candidates will complete an application, pass a pre-employment test, interview, physical/drug screen and background check. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled. EOE/MFDV