Role Title: Java Engineer
Location: Central Park
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Technology at AIB
At AIB, we understand that the world of banking is changing and new technology is making that happen. Our technology is at the centre of our ambition to be the leading digital bank and we want to be recognised as having the best technology function of any bank in Europe.
Our teams work hard to drive the engine of AIB. They deliver change that is customer focused and helping us achieve our ambition of becoming a leading consumer brand. We are evolving our technology so our customers can engage with us in ways and at times that suit them.
We are building pioneering solutions for our customers in a very collaborative and innovative environment. The teams based in our new Digital Hub in Central Park have the responsibility for delivering an ambitious business strategic roadmap.
Summary of role:
The Enterprise Enablement & Cloud Solutions team is responsible for the delivery of Platform & Technology Enablement, Quality Assurance, Framework & Standards Leadership and Enterprise Apps Management for AIB.
Reporting to the Technology Enablement & Engineering Tech Lead, this team will have responsibility for leading the key initiatives across Technology Engineering including the Enterprise Tooling Hub, Java Tech Architecture , Microservices Framework & Ecosystem, Security Engineering and Pipeline Engineering that underpins the technology function in AIB
This role is to act as a key contributor to the Technology Enablement capability within the TE&E team. This is a key role to deliver on our engineering standards and automation targets for technology to introduce efficiencies and improve code quality
We’re looking for someone who:
- Experience delivering Java Microservice ecosystem including testing and deployment.
- Ability to collaborate with other API/Java engineering teams to promote best practices.
- Adhere to AIB standard processes/procedures – problem management, change management, audit, security
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- Relevant Third Level IT qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using Java in a software development
- Minimum of 1 years of experience using Spring Boot
- Understanding of web technologies and web services (REST services, JSON, JWT).
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, SonarQube, Docker
- Experience working in an agile delivery environment.
- Strong Communication skills.
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Philip Roche from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them by email .
By when? Closing date is 2nd December 2021