Requisition Number: 46049
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning’s businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Scope of Position: IT Technical Leader, Business Intelligence & Data Analyst with expertise to play an integral part in the new development and maintenance of existing manufacturing systems within our Newton Cable Plant.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead projects involving multi-functional teams.
- Work within our existing Manufacturing Execution System (Camstar), Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP), and other sources of data (SQL Server and extracts) to develop graphical dashboards and reporting tools that display key metrics for all organizational levels.
- Develop methods to analyze and mine manufacturing and business data, such that we provide immediately useful information rather than raw data to end users.
- Help develop, deploy, and use new systems that increase the efficiencies of our manufacturing plants.
- Collaborate with all levels of the business to seek opportunities for improvement in our systems related to data, types of data, and relationships among data or information elements.
- Partner with local Subject Matter Experts, external resources, other Corning organizations, and corporate resources / teams to understand and satisfy data requirements while aligning with established standards.
- Provide operational support for deployed environments.
- Willingness to work overtime to support manufacturing (as needed).
Travel Requirements: Some travel may be necessary between plants in NC, but minimal.
Required Education: BS in Computer Science / Data Science / Computer Engineering / Management Information Systems/ IT Related field
Required Years and Area of Experience: 3+ years’ experience developing business intelligence and/or data analytic solutions or equivalent experience through coursework and project experience.
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices in business intelligence and/or data analytics approaches and techniques
- Experience with relational databases in Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle.
- Experience with development in Microsoft BI tools (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, SQL Server) and Business Objects
- Understanding of Cubes and complex data / information reporting models.
- Experience with end user reporting and dashboard development from a graphical client view.
- Experience with SAP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Strong SQL Relational Table experience that spans multiple platforms (MS SQL and Oracle).
- Experience with Camstar (Manufacturing Execution System)
- 3+ years of Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) experience.
- Experience with Python and R a plus
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.