Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Maintain configuration management of cabinets and systems for integration and deployment of telecommunication equipment and infrastructure for a nationwide network. Performance will primarily occur in a laboratory. The duties will include (but not limited to): system integration and configuration, equipment tracking and grouping, as well as RMA replacement and pre-deployment requirements, close work orders requiring pre-configuration of equipment, contribute and maintain documentation related to aforementioned responsibilities. Optimize and coordinate verification lab lifecycle activities (from equipment receipt, to integration, to deployment).
This position will require the ability to function in a warehouse environment. Candidate will have supporting role in logistics, and organizational aspects of materials supporting program deployment. These responsibilities will include submitting transfer orders in SAP, consolidation and staging of network material.
Applicant must have active DoD Secret clearance and be clearable up to Top Secret/SCI. The responsibilities of this position will continue to grow as additional portions of the network are accredited and achieve operational status, and as additional customer groups are added to the network. Currently the position supports the operation, management, and defense of a nationwide fiber optic transport network and two geographically separated network support centers. The network is expected to sustain continual growth to include additional sites and customers across the life of the program.
The Main Responsibilities
- Follow operational documentation including guidelines, policies, processes, and standards.
- Read and interpret engineering documentation including but not limited to Scope of Work (SOW) and Engineer Design Package (EDP); while being able to communicate feedback and provide corrections through redlining.
- Interpret, follow, and critique method of procedure (MOP) related to any job function or equipment for which technicians are responsible.
- Must be able to learn new technologies that are continually being added to the network to meet the needs of the customer base
- Must be able to perform strenuous physical activities including, but not limited to: moving objects weighing at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate
- Complete training and demonstrate proficiency utilizing ordering systems including SAP and LCAM
- Experience and knowledge of material and tools used by network technicians.
Must be able to demonstrate computer skills. Should have ability to input data in spreadsheets, word docs and send as email attachment
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Installation, Decommission, and test and turn up experience
- Experience configuring networking (Juniper) and transport (Ciena) equipment
- Able to work independently and in a multi-disciplined team environment
- Flexible work schedule as needed
Requisition #: 264351
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.