Role: IT Service Management Specialist
Location: Central Park
This role is being offered on a permanent basis.
Technology at AIB
At AIB, we understand that the world of banking is changing and new technology is making that happen. Our technology is at the centre of our ambition to be the leading digital bank and we want to be recognised as having the best technology function of any bank in Europe.
Our teams work hard to drive the engine of AIB. They deliver change that is customer focused and helping us achieve our ambition of becoming a leading consumer brand. We are evolving our technology so our customers can engage with us in ways and at times that suit them.
We are building pioneering solutions for our customers in a very collaborative and innovative environment. The Enterprise Technology & Cloud Engineering Team based in our new Digital Hub in Central Park has the responsibility for delivering an ambitious business strategic roadmap.
The role is in the IT Capacity and IT Continuity functions within the Service Operations team. The Service Operations team manage the operational ITIL aligned processes of Incident, Problem, Change, Capacity and Continuity.
It requires a service focused individual who can operate as a key member of the team with knowledge of the process linkages and integrations. The successful candidate will need to be able to operate in and manage virtual teams across IT in a service context and have the ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Deliver effective operation of the day to day activities of the IT Continuity & IT Capacity processes with a prime focus on services supporting AIB’s Mission Critical Activities.
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of the IT Continuity and IT Capacity processes.
- Support Delivery Managers in the Service Readiness process to ensure that capacity and continuity criteria are addressed
- Ongoing development of IT Continuity plans ensuring the plans are regularly reviewed, revised and exercised.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with Group, Divisional and Business stakeholders as required to ensure that ET&CE is aligned to support the Business Continuity Management (BCM) test.
- Produce and publish monthly, yearly and service based capacity reports based on analysis of data collated from infrastructure and IT partners
- Liaise with relevant service delivery teams, third party vendors, business representatives to progress required business outcomes.
- Clear comprehension of the AIB risk framework in order to understand potential business impacts and highlight awareness to both business areas and IT areas where a potential risk exists.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customers and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you can/have:
- An understanding of ITIL processes to a foundation level an advantage.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an IT role with experience working within small and large teams and across a wide range of technologies.
- An excellent understanding of IT Service Management toolsets an advantage.
- A good working understanding of data structures, analytics and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you feel you have what it takes, Click Apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information Philip from the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them on by email at .
By when? Closing date is 1st December 2021