Requisition Number: 52279
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning’s businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
The Process Strategy & Adoption IT manager will be a member of the team responsible for shaping, implementing, and executing Business Process and Data standards to improve operational performance for Corning. This role will serve as a thought and delivery leader in working with business & functional leadership and key delivery stakeholders to develop and deploy business process tools to enable strategic programs within both the corporate staff and manufacturing environments. In partnership with the director and members of the IT team, along with the service line directors, establish change processes, change management with stakeholders, user communications and training, go-live support (pre/post), role-based access management and security. Corning IT is investing in a multi-year transformation that will require strong leadership and innovation.
- Identifies opportunities and trends guided by our Business and Functional strategies to develop and recommend industry leading change management solutions. Depending on the capability needed focus areas could be on master data management, supply chain, and/or manufacturing environments
- Support the director as a key member of the central team to set strategic direction and influences across accountable stakeholder groups to support deployment of business process solutions and/or key strategic plans for multiple large scale, complex programs
- Ensure timely implementation by directing, guiding others, and applying various process excellence tools to resolve problems including providing training where required
- Collaborate in the implementation of a learning and effective problem solving (Lean Six Sigma) culture, utilizing best practices from manufacturing operations
- Utilize Quality and PEx methods and metrics, evaluate data and perform statistical analysis to identify improvement opportunities as well as mitigate associated issues and Risks
- Provide proactive analytical and strategic insights on business process performance and opportunities
- Ensure delivery of business process improvement IT initiatives across enterprise groups through the implementation of defined Stage Gates
- Accountable for successful business adoption of industry leading change management processes, collaborating with the businesses, functions, and IT service lines owners. Responsibilities include developing communication and training strategies to explain the business processes and data requirements; developing KPIs; and ensuring test strategies align with requirements
- Contribute to the building of an effective working model that establishes a corporate change management COE and enables collaboration with business-specific change management teams
- Facilitate or contribute to the creation of future state enterprise business process models (such as process hierarchies, taxonomies, topologies as well as business capability models and value chain models) to use across multiple BPI projects and to manage interdependency analysis with other projects or change initiatives
- Collaborate with function, business and IT leaders to ensure that guidelines, policies, standards and hierarchies are adhered to when evolving a process into the future state.
- Work with the function & business process project teams to identify the process, financial, and organizational benefits and risks of proposed process changes, and align priorities to ensure an enterprise prioritization
- Work with the business process analysts and related team of function & business subject matter experts to determine the both the transition needs and future-state of a specific business process. Ensure requirements are documented and change management actions are completed
- Scope may include maintaining the process repository (with changes or input coming from specific process improvement projects or current state documentation efforts done by a variety of roles) and encourage reuse
- Ensure enterprise-wide information and technology standards are kept (and solution investments are leveraged), regarding business change requirements and when designing the future-state of business processes
- Identify process interdependencies, as well as process to non-process interdependencies, such as information and technology, and systems or solutions
- Support the build out of an effective lean change management team that enables efficiency for the organization
Education & Experience:
- B.S. degree (in IT, engineering or business), with related business discipline experience
- M.B.A. or other advanced degree in business or social sciences is a plus
- 10+ years’ experience within manufacturing organizations
- Experience facilitating process improvement workshops and building consensus around a plan for continuous process improvement
- Experience with business wide transformation programs, particularly ERP preferred
- Experience conducting or managing user groups (e.g., focus groups, expert reviews and surveys)
- Able to explain technical concepts in a non-technical language
- Business process modeling and analysis tools and techniques
- Building and maintaining a business process repository, using tools such as EA, BPMS or BP analysis tools
- Experience with training, testing and security frameworks for large program deployments
- Prior experience in LEAN technique and latest journey mapping techniques
- Familiarity or hands on experience in ERP and manufacturing technologies (SAP, Tradeshift, Camstar, Camline, etc.) and cloud implementations, a plus
- Proven presentation and communication skills, with strength in creating the need for change
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- The ability to create original concepts and theories for a variety of projects, and to think creatively and beyond normal constraints
- Proven project management skills—from idea inception to completion, and thorough evaluation
- Strong bias for action and an ability to deliver results despite the complex and fluid environment
- Teaching/educating/coaching/mentoring stakeholders, including peers in the BPM team, to reinforce a mentality of continuous process improvement
- The ability to translate business goals and metrics into business process outcomes
- Knowledgeable in designing and constructing business processes, functions, and organizational structures
- Ability to reach out across the organization and communicate with people at different levels, with diverse needs and agendas; related capabilities include facilitation and teaming skills
- Ability to analyze project needs and balance competing interests, and to determine the resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems that involve remote and elusive symptoms and often span multiple environments in a business area
- Ability to perceive patterns and relationships between technologies, processes, information, business models and people
- Knowledge and experience in process improvement methods such as lean and Six Sigma.
- Familiarity with application delivery methods
- Able to empower others to do business process management, particularly with knowledge transfer, rather than controlling every aspect of a project
- Ability to lead and support ideation sessions This role does not support immigration sponsorship
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.