Position Title: TECH, ENGINEER
Pay GRADE 14
From the stadium to the head table, Levy leverages unbridled creativity, custom strategies, impeccable service, and true love for great food to create unforgettable experiences. Founded in Chicago 40 years ago as a Delicatessen, Levy now finds itself as a leading presence in the Food, Beverage, and Retail industry across 200 plus Entertainment, Sports, and Restaurant venues across the country. For more information on what we are about as a company, check us out by following the link below: http://www.levyrestaurants.com/who-we-are/
With over 40,000 employees across 200 locations delivering $2 billion in revenue per year, Levy is responsible for millions of memorable guest experiences across some of the most iconic locations in the country.
The IT Field Engineer is responsible for the proper performance of all information technology based applications and systems within the stadium environment. The focus is on ensuring the point of sale (POS) systems in the respective location maintains maximum uptime. He/She also acts as a liaison between the Home Office Information Systems teams, vendors, partner IT contacts, and all other Levy Restaurants departments and personnel to ensure the systems at their location are functioning properly as required and technical assistance is provided for team members in a timely fashion. This person will primarily report to the Director of Operations as well as the Regional IT Manager and will participate in regularly scheduled conference calls and/or meetings.
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support for stadium specific applications including POS, retail and catering software and hardware (e.g. hand-held terminals touch screens, digital menu boards, etc). Diagnose issues and ensure they are addressed.
- Provide event based support and assistance at the stadium and act as the escalation point for the support of all IT related systems
- Serve as primary contact for systems support and Information Technology related inquiries
- Coordinate system and application training through the Home Office IT team with vendors or internal resources as requested
- Consistently follow Information Technology service priorities to ensure the best support and communication to their locations, regional support teams and the Home Office
- Maintain inventory counts of all field based systems by location and service offering within their respective region
- Ensure systems and servers are properly functioning, on a consistent version of software, and running in a stable environment
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of system installations and upgrades
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of products and maintain technical and operational analysis of strengths and weaknesses
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience, equivalent skill
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience running/supporting POS systems in the restaurant/hospitality/event based business.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting including TCP/IP, VLAN’s, wireless LANs
- Eagerness to work in a rapidly changing, diverse environment and a willingness to accept ownership and responsibility of the IT infrastructure to ensure its 24×7 availability.
- Well organized, able to handle multiple tasks at the same time independently without close supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to analyze issues and problems with escalation plans as needed
- Bypass POS experience is a plus
Apply to Levy today!
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Associates at Levy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 535551