Requisition Number: 45883
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The global Information Technology (IT) Function is leading efforts to align IT and Business Strategy, leverage IT investments, and optimize end to end business processes and associated information integration technologies. Through these efforts, IT helps to improve the competitive position of Corning’s businesses through IT enabled processes. IT also delivers Information Technology applications, infrastructure, and project services in a cost efficient manner to Corning worldwide.
Role Purpose: The person in this position will join a team of highly motivated and skilled engineers and technicians to manage, modify, and develop control systems required to manufacture optical fiber and the associated computer systems to support manufacturing. This person will also participate in or occasionally lead projects to meet the plant’s objectives or drive cost reduction efforts.
- This position will be responsible for owning the IT-related software associated with at least one manufacturing process step in the Concord Optical Fiber manufacturing plant. In this capacity, he/she will work closely with engineering and operations teams in the plant to implement improvements in this process area.
- The person will become the expert for the control system in their area of responsibility along with ancillary data feeds to a manufacturing execution system and reporting systems.
- The person will also be responsible for developing or modifying other software systems that support manufacturing in the plant such as web-based or stand-alone applications.
- When the person leads a project, he/she will be responsible for managing the activities required to meet the project’s objectives within the constraints of an allowed budget and a desired timeline.
Education: Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
Years of Experience: 2-4 years of experience preferred
- Visual Basic
- .NET (C#, VB.NET)
- Control Systems
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- iFIX SCADA
- Real-time kernels
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.