Requisition Number: 45759
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science! For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning Incorporated focuses on building a diverse global workforce where differences are celebrated, and employees feel safe bringing their “whole selves” to work. Our Diversity Network hosts 18 active and distinctive Employee Resource Groups. Employees have access to Allyship resources, podcasts, an internal video channel, digital learning series and trainings, all focused on building and celebrating global diversity and inclusion. Corning has been recognized as a leader in this regard and has been consistently recognized as a national employer of choice.
SCOPE/PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- Responsible for requesting purchase orders and managing IT contract inventory. Assure required data is consistently available to the VMO and aligned with service lines, service offerings and business units where applicable.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for sourcing and purchasing contract-related and/or lease-related IT hardware and software.
- Manage Sharepoint tracking site to provide accurate renewal and term information to Vendor Managers and Service Lines
- Assist with facilitating monthly Contract and Renewals meetings with Service Lines and IT GSM
- Provide spend reporting as requested
- Process monthly JIP Transfers for IT Operating Unit
- Assist vendor with reconciling invoice Match Exceptions for PO Accounts Payable
- Approve AP vouchers for release of invoice payments • Process PO Change Orders as requested
- Associates degree in business (or equivalent work-related experience) is preferred.
- Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, ServiceNow, PeopleSoft, Box, WebEx, PowerPoint
- Strong communication and presentation skills
REQUIRED SOFT SKILLS
- Customer satisfaction experience
- Ability to work with diverse customers and suppliers, both internally and externally
- Strong attention to detail
- Process driven
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexibility in response to changing priorities and deadlines
- Not required
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.