Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: Bachelor’s Required
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
Seeking a leader with supply chain/procurement experience to optimize the total cost of ownership (TCO) for IT products and services. This role will coordinate with several teams across Marathon and engage with critical suppliers to satisfy the IT organization’s requirements. This position will partner with multiple teams to develop and execute the IT Category Strategy, deliver value, and enhance stakeholder engagement across IT.
- Establish the IT Category Strategy, lead cross-functional teams, and negotiate with suppliers to optimize Marathon’s competitive position.
- Seek and identify opportunities for value delivery (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk reduction.
- Act as a market intelligence provider and proactively engage with internal and external stakeholders to pursue opportunities.
- Conduct market and TCO analysis in support of strategic sourcing initiatives. Develop the business case for sourcing initiatives, supported by market data, relevant business and technical factors.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with key suppliers to ensure service, commercial terms compliance, and optimal leverage.
- Develop and manage partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to align strategies; to include working with stakeholders to understand the demand/spend profile of category risks and business requirements.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver sourcing initiatives.
- Develop and track KPIs for measuring performance for critical suppliers. Facilitate issues resolution related to supplier performance, as needed.
- Understand operational and transactional Supply Chain activities to ensure alignment with category strategies.
- Utilize Supply Chain tools, templates, and systems, as prescribed by the Supply Chain Function.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, IT, or related field.
- 8+ years of relevant strategic sourcing and supply chain/procurement experience in indirect categories, including IT or other professional services, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Strong ability to influence a large, diverse set of stakeholders in a medium-to-large organization.
- Flexibility and skillset to define the strategic direction of the role, including the Supply Chain support model for the IT organization.
- Advanced commercial contracting skills.
- Ability to develop negotiations strategy and conduct supplier negotiations to meet targets, manage concessions and deliver results.
- Proficient in SAP, Ariba, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Office.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.