With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
NOTE – This position will be based out of Dallas Texas.
As a Sales IT Systems Analyst you will provide technical and functional systems and data support to affiliated and non-affiliated distributors and internal sales and marketing groups. You will support knowledge transfer and communication between team members. Ensures work assigned is completed within agreed upon SLAs (Service Level Agreements) and provides periodic stats reports on performance. Responsible for data analysis and maintenance including interpreting and disseminating results. Provides guidance and education on data usage.
What You Will Do:
- Maintains business and technical understanding of areas supported.
- Identifies areas of system optimization to resolve a business problem.
- Identifies application issues and executes changes based on customer feedback regarding system functions that are broken, need improvements or new features.
- Identifies and executes changes based on customer service feedback regarding system functions that are broken, need improvements or new features.
- Engages with customer directly to identify and resolve system issues.
- Sets realistic customer expectations for system issue resolution and tasks related to small enhancement projects.
- Manages tasks associated with medium sized projects. Communicates project status to direct management.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures and problems to improve or create technology solutions.
- Takes responsibility for assigned analytic projects from inception through completion.
- Provides analytic information to Sales to help identify business opportunities.
- Educates users in the use of various sales data, syndicated data and data tools.
- Plays a primary role in educating users in the use of various sales data, syndicated data and data tools.
- Analyzes processes to support both non-computerized and computerized work flow, including recommending technologies that can enhance the effectiveness of the process.
- Identifies options, prepares reports for management, and recommends action or change.
- Responsible for SMIS data setup, accuracy, and/or on-going maintenance.
- Participates in the development of department procedures and documentation.
- Solves practical problems, collects and analyzes data, establishes facts and deals with a variety of concrete variables.
- Conducts special business related studies as requested.
- Acts as a liaison with user and management.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or state-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree plus 4 years application support and/or sales data analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or 6 years application support and/or sales data analysis experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience using BI analytic and querying tools to analyze and create reports.
- Experience with using data warehouse and relational databases.
- Experience working with management to develop scope and phases to meet intended deadlines.
- Ability to solve practical problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and deal with a variety of concrete variables.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and support focus with desire to deliver a high quality of service.
- Good prioritization skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Experience with working in an Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) environment.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Systems, MIS, Math, Engineering or Business Administration plus 5 years of business systems or data analysis experience reflecting increasing levels or responsibility.
- Experience with Sales data analysis.
- Experience reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Experience writing reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Skilled in the use of MS Project, MS Visio, MS Access, MS PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Experience with SQL query language and relational database design.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts and drawing valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of this particular field of specialization.
- Exhibits leadership and teamwork skills.
- Experience planning and organizing work through effective project management.
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience effectively presenting ideas and responding to inquiries of various levels of management, clients, and customers.
- Experience influencing others.
- Experience negotiating and resolving conflict as well as managing customer expectations.
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures in this field of specialization.
- Experience in providing services to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and OLA’s (Operational Level Agreements).
- Experienced in Problem and Incident Management.
- Experience with supporting Java applications and an understanding of web technology.
- Experience with working with hosting providers.
- Experience working with vendor on bug fixes, small enhancements, testing, and communication of changes to customer.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 78110
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.