Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 40579
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- You get to work in a supportive collaborative environment that fosters continuous improvement and learning
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and be part of helping guide best practices throughout the organization
- Serve business units and teams in guiding them through a transformation from business as usual to business agility
- Use your expertise and strengths to grow leaders, engineers and other coaches
- Help build a world class coaching department
What you’ll do
- Be a hands-on Lean Agile/Product and DevOps coach, accelerating the learning of a Product Mindset, Agile, and DevOps practices across American Airlines
- Work with Leaders (IT and Business) on developing a culture and platform (Product
- Vision/Mission, Product Taxonomy, OKRs, and structure) that enables squads to deliver business value as quickly as possible.
- Coach Squads on how to improve their cycle time, deployment frequency, mean time to recover, change failure rate, etc.
- Coach Leadership and squads on Agile frameworks (such as Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban) and how to use those frameworks to improve delivery metrics.
- Lead the Dojo/Hangar Agile and DevOps practice, which is a highly accelerated rapid 2.5 day sprint cycle focused on driving accelerated learning of Agile and DevOps practices
- Coaching Organization Vision: Empower teams and leaders to passionately live their transformation journey
- This is a remote position that may require up to 50% travel.
What you’ll do (cont.)
- Teach squads technical engineering practices (TDD, BDD, continuous integration, etc.) and how to incorporate them into their daily work in accordance with Agile/Lean practices. Foster mindset shifts to adopt a forward-thinking learning culture, including collaboration practices, through training and coaching
- Ability to evaluate a Product Teams operational health (e.g. team dynamics, agile delivery, product awareness) in order to identify opportunity for improvements, and help these teams mature their practices and more effectively embrace an agile and product mindset
- Work collaboratively with other coaches on developing facilitation guides, strategize on reaching company objectives, and develop better ways of working
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering
- Four or more years of relevant work experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Experience working as a software engineer or a technical team lead
- 3 + years of application development experience in a .NET or Java based framework having occurred in the last year
- 3+ years of experience configuring automation pipelines in GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps, Jenkins or similar tools having occurred in the last year
- 3+ years of experience using Agile, Lean, and DevOps practices having occurred in the last year
- 3+ years of experience with test automation frameworks having occurred in the last year
- 3+ years of experience with infrastructure automation having occurred in the last year
- Previous experience coaching, mentoring, training and facilitating with various types of roles from executives to engineers to non-technical subject matter experts
- Experience in multiple types of technology stacks (Microservices, Mainframe, Monoliths,e tc…)
- Experience in aligning business goals and technology architecture
- Experience with database systems, API architecture, Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with agile engineering practices like Test Automation, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), DevOps, and Test Data Management, etc.
- Experience with implementing and operating DevOps and Agile tools/platforms across some part of the development lifecycle
- These could include but may not be limited to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, GitHub, Jenkins,
Maven, Nexus, Hygieia, SonarQube, New Relic, JIRA, Confluence, Rally, etc.
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of more than one development language such as Java, C#, Assembler, COBAL, Python, etc…
- Deep understanding of more than one Agile flavor such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, Lean, Nexus, DevOps, SAFe, etc and how to those apply to DevOps and teams’ ways of working.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent synthesizing and organization skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are key to this position
- Mastery level of understanding in Lean – Agile values, principles and practices.
- Has a personal mindset and practice of continuous learning, inspecting and adapting and learning new things.
- Ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of the organization’s business and technology portfolios. You excel at servant leadership, using influence to align team members, client stakeholders and executives around a shared set of objectives to progress the goal of shipping the right product to the client’s customers
- Experience in using and applying Design Thinking principles to get to better business outcomes
- Facilitate workshops that include, but not limited to feature/story writing, backlog refinement, and product strategy thinking
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 40579