Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
There’s never been a better time to be a part of Boston Scientific. This is an exciting moment: when our legacy of industry leadership intersects with the promise of a brilliant future. Today, we’re 36,000 colleagues strong, with an impressive portfolio of 13,000 products. We’re at the forefront of the medical device industry – leading, evolving and transforming it into bolder and more amazing territories. Our principles power our performance, and together, we turn our shared vision into value. For our patients. And our employees.
Responsible for establishing, fostering, cultivating and maintaining credible and unbiased medical and scientific dialogue with multiple external entities, including but not limited external scientific and medical leaders, health care providers (HCP), academic medical institutions, disease and patient societies and healthcare professional organisations. The end goal is to act as the conduit for accurate, unbiased and updated clinical, scientific and medical information between the external medical and scientific community in the assigned region and the company. Responsible to conduct this function in the UK and also support the Nordics & EMEA.
Responsible for training internal Boston Scientific (BSC) stakeholders, including but not limited Sales and Marketing Representatives, Field Clinical Specialists, Territory Managers, and any agent or Boston Scientific (BSC) Representative requiring appropriate scientific and medical knowledge.
Responsible for providing required scientific and medical data to internal Regulatory Affairs, Health Economics & Market Access Representatives for any dossier submission to local Competent Authorities.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide a world class field-based expert Medical/Clinical Service to customers, HCPs and distributors within the [geographical area] within the [expertise field], respecting local Regulations and Compliance rules.
- Develop and maintain relationships with cooperative groups, medical societies and key opinion leader (KOL) within the [expertise field] in order to optimize the scientific community’s knowledge of BSC products and development activities within the medical community.
- In collaboration with the Clinical team assist in identification of referral pathways, collect feedback on potential clinical development options from multi-disciplinary physicians and support patient recruitment activities within the [expertise field].
- Provide and direct the provision of appropriate Medical/Clinical/Scientific advisory and education, to HCPs, product users and distributors to support the safe and effective use of BSC products. This would include advice regarding patient selection and treatment. Support – in collaboration with other Medical Representatives and any other Representatives involved – Medical Education plan by elaborating and executing of physical, digital and remote educational platforms within the [expertise field]. Can be accountable for Medical Education programs launched within [geographical area].
- Support Investigator-Sponsored Research (ISR) program and ISR coordinator to generate evidence-based medicine and real-world evidence data within the [expertise field] area, by engaging discussions with clinical investigators/advisors of [geographical area] , collecting ISR concepts and concrete proposals, guiding clinical investigators within the ISR submission/approval process, presenting the ISR concept and proposals to the ISR Funding Committee, ensuring a regular (quarterly) ISR follow-up, including collection of safety information, patient enrolment progress, alerting Management in case of major deviations and supporting clinical advisors for any scientific communication (in peer-reviewed journals, scientific/medical congresses).
- Provide training within the [expertise field] via quality medical and scientific education presentations for new field-based medical staff and field-based sales force of [geographical area].
- Work with internal stakeholders and customers to ensure seamless alignment of the Medical/Clinical Strategy within the [expertise field] and Corporate BSC strategy.
- Provide key medical practice insights and medical/clinical field feedback to Business management. Responsible for scientific and field intelligence, advising internally unmet medical needs and changes in medical practice within the [expertise field].
- Elaborate and share with Clinical, Innovation, Medical Affairs, Sales and Marketing ideas to overcome challenges and maximize opportunities related to clinical practice of BSC products.
- Participate in corporate wide inter-departmental project teams and function as a patient-centric team leader for [geographical area] projects or initiatives as requested.
- Ensure that all interactions and engagements are carried out with the highest ethical and professional standards and that all work is accomplished with quality and respect of local Regulations and Compliance rules, as well as in respect with BSC Compliance Policy, and in accordance with Boston Scientific values.
- Work closely with the EMEA Medical Director and the rest of the Medical Affairs & Medical Education team members to prepare and execute strategy, tactical plan budget.
Education and Experience Required:
- Experience of working in Oncology in a Medical or Scientific environment is a must.
- Ideally a post-graduate qualification and/or PhD and/or MD and/or PharmD or equivalent work experience.
- Business acumen is essential.
- Be a clear communicator – able to present complex scientific content in a clear understandable manner.
- Effective relationships builder internally and externally – building networks.
- Experience of lung, prostate, renal or liver cancer is a bonus, but not essential.
- Clinical trial/clinical research (CMC) a nice to have, but not essential.
- Demonstrated credibility within the medical community.
- Strong analytic skills and a creative thinker who can solve problems.
- Careful planner with the tenacity to drive projects to conclusion.
- Proven track record of results.
- This position is to be based in the UK but will also support Nordic and EMEA activities.
- Post COVID-19 travel will be required.
- This position will be remote based in the UK, preferred close to major transport links.
Requisition ID: 478977
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.