Job Location: Philadelphia, PA or Whippany, NJ
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife Investments is one of the largest institutional investors and asset managers in the United States, with nearly half a trillion dollars in general account and third-party portfolio assets invested primarily in investment grade corporate bonds, structured finance securities, commercial and agricultural mortgage loans, U.S. Treasury and agency securities and real estate and corporate equity. A significant contributor to MetLife’s financial performance, Investments maximizes the company’s long-term economic value by investing in assets globally that support the company’s liabilities and produce a consistent stream of operating earnings.
Investment analysts at MetLife are part of a global team responsible for managing components of an investment portfolio more than $500 billion. As a participant in the Investments Analyst Program, you will be able to make significant, meaningful contributions. You can help optimize our investment portfolio and ensure that MetLife continues to keep it successful for the long term as it has for nearly 150 years.
Specifically, the Investments Analysts Program at MetLife is a three-year program designed to give undergraduates interested in business and finance valuable "hands-on" experience in a real-world business setting. Analysts benefit from on-the-job training, online development tools and a culture that encourages continuing education. This program is intended to provide you the tools and opportunities to learn and succeed, with the goal of a long-term, rewarding career at MetLife.
Please note that due to length of time before this positions starts, we are unsure exactly what group you will be in within Public Fixed Income. It could be one of the following:
- Credit Research
- Structured Finance
- Provide analytical support to traders, portfolio managers, and strategists.
- Work with Public Fixed Income Trading Desk, middle office, and back office to allocate and process trades.
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports to effectively manage and report on portfolio performance and risk.
- Manage relationships and information flow from Wall Street brokers to MetLife Investment Management traders and teams.
- Perform quantitative analysis on the portfolio, including performance, attribution and changes in composition (i.e. duration, sector exposure, geographical, etc.).
- Conduct research and analysis and communicate with senior management on topical issues in response to market developments.