Requisition Number: 46012
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
As a leading developer, manufacturer, and global supplier of scientific laboratory products for 100 years, Corning’s Life Sciences segment collaborates with researchers seeking new approaches to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and compress timelines in the drug discovery process. Using unique expertise in the fields of materials science, surface science, optics, biochemistry and biology, the segment provides innovative solutions that improve productivity and enable breakthrough discoveries.
Scope of Position:
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing warehouse inventory team. Monitors and modifies priorities of receiving, replenishment, picking, packing and shipping product to achieve on time shipments. Oversees Transportation & Release administers as well as cycle counting, adjustment investigation, ship accuracy and error tracking.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Direct and manage Cycle Count Process per scheduled cycle including financial approval and systems adjustment and reconciliation when appropriate.
- Lead root cause analysis and corrective action on inventory discrepancies/variances (i.e. Cycle Count).
- Define and manage Inventory Metrics including Cycle Count Accuracy (physical & financial), adjustment metrics and reasons, inventory improvement projects, etc.
- Support Warehouse during auditing of data/processes.
- Identify continuous Process improvements in inventory management/warehouse processes.
- Provides direction to direct reports using established policies and precedents and leads process improvement activities when identified.
- Ensures that projects are completed on schedule following established procedures and schedules.
- Up to 25%, mostly to attend training or special projects
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- Exempt position working approximately 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexibility to support project assignments and off shifts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, technical field or related required.
Required Years and Area of Experience:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in supply chain/logistics, inventory control or material planning within a manufacturing or distribution facility.
- Minimum 1+ years’ people management experience.
Skills / Experience:
- Experience within Inventory Controls needed for role.
- Strong supply chain knowledge from multiple roles and perspectives.
- Super user of ERP and / or WMS systems
- Experience in accounting, record-keeping or inventory management.
- Problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
- APICS certification desired.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma or Lean manufacturing.
- Proven interpersonal communications at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to get results in a team environment.
- Significant attention to detail, coordination, and communication with many functions within Corning and companies outside Corning.
- Self-starter, works independently, and results oriented.
- Interpersonal skills.
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.