Job ID: MGK20162212-37731
Orbital ATK is seeking an experienced International Trade Compliance Specialist located in Mesa, AZ. This position will report to the Manager of International Trade Compliance (ITC) of its Armament Systems Division. This position supports the Trade Compliance team in obtaining and maintaining all necessary export and import authorizations for the Division.
Orbital ATK is an Aerospace and Defense company with approximately 12,500 employees, operations in over 20 states, and with projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
The International Trade Compliance Specialist will be responsible for ensuring compliance with U.S. export and import control laws and regulations; applying for all necessary export and import authorizations; providing training to employees and guidance/interpretation of the regulations for the Armament Systems Division and other Arizona located facilities.
• Participate in analyzing and determining department priorities and work in progress, development of strategic initiatives for efficiencies and compliance awareness
• Assist in the development and implementation of trade compliance policies and procedures, such as internal control plans for approved authorizations
• Work with various functional areas of the Division to determine their export/import needs, and develop and implement appropriate strategies to meet business requirements
• Assist in the development of policies and applications related to ATF import/export permit requirements
• Prepare and submit all necessary export / import authorization requests required by the Division to support their international programs
• Provide guidance and interpretation of US government regulations including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) National Firearms Act (NFA) and Gun Control Act (GCA), Anti-boycott Regulations, US Census and Customs Regulations
• Perform compliance assessment audits, assist in investigations and support the implementation of corrective actions
• Implement trade compliance policies and procedures by conducting training and providing formal and informal communications and guidance to internal and external customers regarding all conditions of the export and import authorizations
• Assist in the review of export and import clauses in international new business contracts and provide recommendations
• Review of the Program Statements of Work to assist in the development of the work scope for each export/import authorization
• Makes formal presentations in meetings, training environments and responds to questions from management, employees, customers and vendors related to export/import compliance.
• Negotiates export/import control issues with internal and external customers and resolves issues in a win/win manner
• Bachelor’s Degree with four plus years of experience in relevant field (e.g. Trade Compliance, Contracts, Legal, Program Management, etc.) OR
• Demonstrated knowledge of ITAR and BATF necessary; knowledge of EAR useful
• Previous experience communicating with employees at all levels of the company
• Occasional domestic and international travel may be required (<20%)
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.