Leggett & Platt, Incorporated is seeking to hire an International Logistics Coordinator at our downtown Chicago IL location. This salaried position will be part of a strong Logistics team responsible for working with multiple areas of our global organization. This position is one of a team of 5-6 coordinators that support our global supply chain solutions. The qualified individual should be detail oriented, possess excellent analytical skills and be able to multi-task.
Since 1883, Leggett & Platt (NYSE: LEG) has been creating a wide variety of innovative products that can be found in most homes, offices, and automobiles. Our 138-year-old company is comprised of 15 business units and 140 facilities located in 19 countries. We’re not just hiring; we’re building a better company. Learn more about what Leggett life is like here: lifeatleggett.com
What’s in it for you?
Leggett & Platt offers an outstanding company culture that values integrity, promotes ownership and accountability, excellent vacation and paid-personal time, a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, L&P stock plans, employee discounts, and more. In addition, Leggett & Platt INC. offers many opportunities for advancement within the organization.
- Communicate and work effectively with customers both internal and external, and other operational departments.
- Ensure that quality assurance checks are completed and maintained on shipments.
- Assist clients with product selection and pricing to improve transportation routes.
- Monitor deliveries, ensuring customer satisfaction and maintaining accurate logs of all transportation and goods.
- Preparation of logistics plans and schedules to support relevant operations of a project.
- Execute shipments within Logistics systems according to operating procedures.
- Maintain accuracy of system reports and send reports to customers weekly and upon request.
- Coordinate and expedite shipments via expedite service or airfreight.
- Accurate record keeping on full container shipments, along with LCL and AIR.
- Identify problems or delays related to logistics and report in a timely manner.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels and verify the implementation of such solutions.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience in both import and export shipments.
- Excellent organizational skills, as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated strength in Excel.
- Candidate must live in the Chicagoland area and be able to work remotely.
To be our next International Logistics Coordinator, apply at: careers.leggett.com.
You can also create a profile, view, and apply for other open jobs: careers.leggett.com
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer