The Lubrizol Corporation, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company serving customers in more than 100 countries. We own and operate manufacturing facilities in 17 countries, as well as sales and technical offices around the world. Through our global sales and manufacturing networks, we are able to deliver the products and services our customers need, where and when they need them.
At Lubrizol, our mission is straightforward: We improve lives as an essential partner in our customers’ success, delivering efficiency, reliability or wellness to their end users. Read the cover story in Smart Business Magazine to learn how Lubrizol plans to advance its growth.
As an Internal Communications Strategist, you will develop and deploy internal communication programs for key stakeholders and initiatives, ensuring the right message, right audience, right channel and right time.
Your primary objective will be to help inform, inspire, and engage Lubrizol employees across the globe! Key accountabilities include supporting business priorities and strategic initiatives through clear, concise and effective internal communication strategies.
Your role is critical to Lubrizol, as you will be providing specialized communication consultation and project management for the development, execution and measurement of an omni-channel internal communication strategy that clearly articulates and aligns with the organization’s growth strategy.
Under the direction of Lubrizol’s Internal Communications Leader, you will interact with stakeholders at all levels and parts of the organization—including executives, department directors, and program leaders.
Being in the know will be part of your job! You will help maintain a “pulse” on distinct colleague populations and how communication can serve them most effectively.
In addition, you will manage relationships with internal communication stakeholders, so the ability to provide sound consultation and to influence decision-makers is vital.
You’ll get to exercise your creative muscle and leverage your knowledge of current internal communications trends and best practices when designing, producing, and distributing engaging and effective email and yammer campaigns, internal news articles, meeting content, live events, etc.
In this role, you’ll be part of a diverse, talented, and energetic Global Communications team and contribute to projects with broad impact and high visibility.
- Providing communications consultation program managers and executive leaders, developing communications plans, executing communication tactics
- Contributing to the editorial process: Managing SharePoint, calendaring, writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting LZ News articles; overseeing key site newsletters
- Managing Mailchimp distribution lists, developing email campaigns, disseminating messages
- Managing other employee engagement Forums: Live meetings, podcasts, YamJams, Slid.o, Q&As, etc.
- Minimum 5 years working in internal communications, marketing communications, public relations, change management communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or a related field of study.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience writing, editing, and formatting articles in SharePoint for corporate intranet site. Samples will be requested.
- Ability to manage internal client relationships and interact and influence decision makers at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to articulate thoughts, ideas, and plans in a manner that influences decisions and outcomes.
- Proven experience developing communication plans and executing tactics for various corporate functions, including IS, HR, Ethics & Compliance, Sustainability, Public Affairs & Community Relations. Samples will be requested.
- Experience managing distribution lists and developing and executing email campaigns using internal and third-party technology platforms.
- Experience coordinating translations and approvals.
- Experience coordinating in-person and virtual events, including town halls, livestream meetings, as well as podcasts.
- Detail-oriented with ability to exercise sound judgement and confidentiality.
- Technically savvy.
- Video editing, graphic design and podcasts production experience is a plus
Visit benefits.lubrizol.com for more information
Competitive salary with performance-based bonus plans
401K Match plus Age Weighted Defined Contribution Plan
Competitive medical, dental & vision offerings
Health Savings Account
Paid Holidays, Vacation, Parental Leave
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone – ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square – the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.
Do You Need Assistance?
Please let us know if you need an accommodation to proceed with your application for a posted job, or with any other aspect of the interview or assessment process. You can either call 440-943-4200 and ask for Talent Acquisition or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this phone line and email address are not to be used for checking on the status of an already submitted application and not to be used by third party recruiters.