Role Title: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Molesworth Street/Hybrid
This role is being offered on a full time, permanent basis.
Summary of GIA:
Group Internal Audit (GIA) is not your typical audit function. We’re on an ambitious journey to create the best function we can for AIB and our people. Through our audit charter, we operate independently as the third line of defence to provide assurance to our stakeholders on the adequacy and effectiveness of AIB’s governance, risk management and internal control environment.
Most importantly, we believe that great people are the key to our success. This is why we work hard to build a team of empowered individuals who are driven to excel through collaboration, inclusion and diversity; embracing the unique strengths and insights everyone brings.
We are a group of 70+ professionals operating in the Ireland and the UK, who always aim for the highest quality. To get the best from our people we support and embrace flexible working arrangements to provide an empowering environment where people get the job done through managing their own time.
The Audit Manager plays a key role in the department. They must demonstrate at all times the AIB brand values and live AIB’s purpose. The role offers opportunities to significantly develop your career through interaction with the Senior Management Team (SMT) and Leadership Team (LT) members throughout the business and GIA.
Who are we?
We’re AIB. A strong Irish bank packed with purpose – to back our customers to achieve their dreams and ambitions. That goes for our employees too. We’re made of small teams where you have the chance to shine.
Why join us?
We are excited about how we have changed our focus. We want to be at the heart of our customers’ financial lives by giving them an exceptional experience. We are building a culture that breaks the conventions of what our customer and employees expect of a bank.
Does this sound like something that you want to be part of?
You will need to show us that you:
- Are professionally qualified (ideally CIA, CMIIA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA);
- Have a minimum of four years in a financial services and/or audit environment;
- Have a proven understanding and experience of key banking products;
- Have a proven experience of Financial Products and Risk Management in a Banking environment and associated risks, clear understanding and knowledge of risk management methodologies; and
- Are an experienced people leader with responsibility for leading and motivating highly effective teams.
As an Audit Manager, you will:
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of risk-based audit plan;
- Lead and manage audits from beginning to end including definition of audit scope, test strategy, execution of testing and reporting;
- Assess the implementation of agreed actions with the business areas and stakeholders;
- Actively develop and maintain positive working relationships with senior business executives and managers and strategic audit partners; and
- Organise, develop and motivate a team of staff as required on each audit.
If you feel you have what it takes, click apply and fill in the online application form. If you would like more information the Talent Acquisition Team can help. You can contact them on email .
By when? Closing date is Wednesday 1st December 2021