Reporting to the Corporate Director of Internal Audit, the Internal Audit and Compliance Director’s mission is to support his or her manager in making business decisions and to put his or her expertise in internal control at the service of the company. In addition, you will contribute to the development of best practices and ensure the follow-up of mechanisms for the prevention and detection of unethical practices.
Why work at Cascades
- Work-life balance (telecommuting, flexible hours);
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- Training center;
- Long-term career management plan;
- Work environment based on knowledge sharing and the recognition of individual and team successes.
- Profit sharing;
- RRSP and group insurance with significant employer participation;
- Personal computer equipment purchase program;
- Many other Cascades advantages!
The Internal Audit and Compliance Manager will have as main responsibilities
- Effectively implement the internal audit plan to ensure compliance with laws and regulations with proper documentation;
- Put his or her expertise in internal control at the service of the company and issue relevant recommendations;
- Take charge of the management of the internal audit finance team;
- Participate in the development of audit strategies to ensure compliance with laws and regulations and internal policies;
- Participate in the annual external audit work;
- Follow up on prevention and detection mechanisms for unethical or fraudulent practices or behaviors;
- Participate in investigations of unethical or fraudulent behaviour.
Your background and strengths
The Internal Audit and Compliance Manager must possess the following qualifications:
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting;
- Hold a CPA designation;
- 5 years of internal audit experience;
- 2 years of direct or indirect supervision (manager, team leader, project manager) of a work team;
- Be bilingual;
- Mastery of the Office suite;
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP software (an asset);
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and business acumen to support and advise senior management;
- Demonstrate exemplary rigor in management;
- Have the ability to accompany and advise business partners in the analysis of their needs and the search for solutions;
- Have a strong sense of organization and priorities;
- Demonstrate leadership and the know-how to create support for the proposed solutions;
- Possess the knowledge and experience to anticipate risks in the global context of the company.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner. Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both women and men.
To be part of Cascades is to reveal the full potential of materials, people and ideas. We are source of possibilities.
Since 1964, we have been providing sustainable, innovative and value-creating solutions in packaging, hygiene and recovery.
Join 12,000 women and men working in a network of more than 90 operating units located in North America and Europe.