The AGCO Acceleration Center is looking for a highly talented CPQ Solutions Delivery intern to join our team at the Research Park for Fall 2021. The Web IoT Software Developer Intern is a position that will support to the Grain & Protein Configure Price Quote project team(s) globally in creating and maintaining our CPQ tools.
We are seeking a motivated Software Engineering Intern who is passionate about new technologies and excited to jump in, learn fast, and make a difference. The Acceleration Center is comprised of groups of interdisciplinary students working on projects in the areas of data analytics, application development, and emerging technology research. As an Acceleration Intern, you will become a part of a team and support in the planning, execution, and completion of various initiatives to support a flagship product of a global company in the ag-tech industry.
This position will be located in Champaign, IL at the AGCO Acceleration Center though it may be remote at times due to COVID-19. The position will collaborate closely with senior team members to develop and support web technology development around farm production and the big data of IoT networks. As a Software Engineer Intern you will primarily focus on object oriented and functional software design, various software configuration management, and programming /coding for various applications.
- Work on special projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Help create solid technical solutions leveraging our defined technology standards and knowledge of multiple programming tools and techniques.
- Be able to understand and develop solution plans according to gathered business and technical requirements.
- Supporting the development of test cases, executing test plans, and assist with related problem solving during all phases of project testing in alignment with test plans.
- Analyze and find conclusions around different technologies.
- Understand and work on projects operated in the Agile workflow.
- Be able to present your proposed solutions in onsite meetings and translate your findings/data into understandable documentation and models.
- Understand coding standards and requirements, and participate in code reviews.
- Be proficient in software architecture design of medium sized software systems.
- Be proficient in object oriented and functional software design.
- Have a technical ability in SDK configuration.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively analyze and execute professional level work in the assigned department
- Have the technical ability to develop algorithms in an end to end software solution.
- Must be registered as a full-time student at University of Illinois – Champaign
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
- Graduation date of May 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 15 – 20 hours/week during the academic year
- 35 – 40 hours/week during the summer semester
AGCO (NYSE: AGCO) is a Fortune 500 corporation offering solutions across the agriculture chain with a complete product portfolio. Our grain and protein brands include GSI, Cimbria, AP, Cumberland and Tecno – global manufacturers of grain systems, seed processing, and swine and poultry production equipment. We are dedicated to protecting every acre, every harvest and every animal in our customers’ care. By doing this, we help advance agriculture in developing countries and around the world.