Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Web Business Analyst Intern is responsible for defining the strategy and solutions for presentation of accurate and timely pricing, online promotions, new product launches, site enhancements and existing customer support. Responsible for creation, maintenance, and management of online initiatives based on competitive analysis and industry best practices.
The Web Business Analyst Intern’s chief role is to implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project and communicating them clearly to all stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
- Leverage your experience and site analytics to understand and improve ecommerce sales funnel to meet department objectives.
- Conduct online competitive analysis and review of industry benchmarks to leverage best practices in design of ecommerce sales tactics and account management functions.
- Responsible for requirements definition, functional design, user acceptance testing and post release project impact analysis.
- Work closely with user experience team to define user interaction and design.
- Project management of initiatives from inception to production launch. Provide business case justification for new initiatives and enhancements.
- Determine the appropriate product, service, prices and applicable discounts based on the customer, customer segment, region, contract or any other segmentation.
- Coordinate with product teams to ensure business unit acceptance across multiple product groups.
- Ensure IT technical requirements are in alignment with detailed business requirements.
- Facilitate working sessions with eBusiness and IT and act as a SME for questions related to detailed business requirements.
- Ensure that overall design complies with sitewide customer experience vision.
- Participate on production release calls and verify that all delivered capabilities function properly in production.
- Practice and maintain a high level of quality, consistency and detail across all deliverables and milestones.
- Key member in interdepartmental coordination and communication of project deliverables.
- Manage product innovation through cross-functional teams focusing on new product capabilities and services.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, IT, Managment Information Systems, Computer Science, or closely related field
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university; junior or senior level education status at the start of the internship (graduating August 2022 – June 2023).
- Web/ecommerce experience preferred
- Business analyst experience a plus
- Experience with site analytics tools such as Omniture Site Catalyst.
- Project management experience.
- Familiar with web technologies.
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented.
- Strong team player with an ability to interact with stakeholders from various parts of the business.
- Ability to create high-level wireframes.
- Ability to react and adapt to changes in business priority and fast changing environment.
- Passion for improving user experiences, driving innovation, and using data to drive decision making.
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 264403
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.