Intern – Remote – 84903
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment – USA Oldsmar, Florida
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen Media tracks the media-consumption habits of homes across the country. Our data paints a rich portrait
of the American Audience. As a pioneer and industry leader in audience measurement for more than half a
century, we take pride in our technology and processes, and we are constantly searching for new ways to
advance our legacy of innovation.
We are looking for Analytics Intern to join our US Operations Transformation team and support analytics process
automation and the deployment of a robust, reliable and available cloud based Operations Ecosystem that is the
foundation for machine learning and AI in Operations.
● Provide technical support to analytics team, and system/data architects using the platform
● Support cloud migration of analytics workflows and data assets
● Create analytics workflows and BI solutions
● Write software as necessary to ensure system reliability
● Diagnose technical faults on a platform using AWS, Alteryx, Tableau
● Manage the lifecycle of trouble tickets assigned to the platform
● Escalate issues to the platform team, other business units, and vendors as necessary
● Must be able to juggle multiple priorities and handle work requests with a sense of urgency.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are an analytics and Cloud based systems enthusiast who likes to work on cutting-edge technologies in an
environment that gives you the freedom to explore, play, and learn, then Nielsen is the right place for you. You
love solving problems for your clients and bringing creative new ideas to their business. Curiosity,
communication, and critical thinking drive your work.You manage relationships and expectations as well as you
manage projects. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under pressure——you focus, dig in, and
get it done.
● Completed or working on BS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
● Passionate about cloud technology, business intelligence and analytics process automation
● Preferred – experience with AWS cloud platform and services
● Knowledge of Unix/Linux and/or Windows based platforms
● Experience with SQL, Postgres and other data storage solutions
NICE TO HAVE
● Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, Google suite
● Knowledge of Terraform, Cloudformation, Ansible, etc
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Internship
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,