About the role:
- Under supervisory direction, assist in the identification and pursuit of value improvement and waste elimination projects to support manufacturing and overhead areas in line with business goals and objectives. Support manufacturing and other areas of the plant in the deployment and continuous application of lean principles and practices.
You’re Responsibilities include:
- Identify and participate in value improvement, waste elimination and problem solution projects that drive plant and company performance improvements.
- Actively participate in lean projects (i.e. Lean Production, Business Process Improvement, Born Lean, Kaizen Events) with the Production, Process Development, Manufacturing Engineering, and other support functions.
- Perform basic engineering tasks which may include: updating production standards, maintaining BOMS and routers and creating and approving change requests (as directed by site).
- Co-facilitate lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
- Learn and apply lean tools that can include: 5S, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, mistake proofing and line balancing.
- Assist in the deployment and support of corporate Lean tools and Metrics (Core Five Metrics, WCG, VSP, 5S, Lean Goals and Plans, etc.).
- Perform and participate in line layout and design projects with the Process Development Engineering, Production, Facilities, and Manufacturing Engineering teams (as directed by site).
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to accomplish tasks, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- Academic background: Industrial, Production Engineering
- Active student certification.
- At least 80% of the career approved (Bachelor´s or Licentiate degree).
- English level: 70% or above.
- Availability of 38 – 40 hours per week in situ.
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.