Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Lumen’s Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
• Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
• Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
• Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
• Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As an Implementation Technician l Intern in our North America Operations organization, you will work collaboratively with the telecom team to help with delivery of requests as well as ensure timely management of requests is being followed. Tasks during the 10 weeks will have a direct impact on customers and Lumen brand. The ideal intern will have technical skills with common languages in the industry. You will need a high level of engagement and ability to take initiative, ask questions and work in a team environment.
– Process orders according to SLAs, M&Ps / SOPs, On-Time Performance and quality standards
– Manage the assigned queue using time management skills
– Manage the assigned queue (could be an ACD call queue where assigned) to maintain service level objectives.
– Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders to understand evolving issues and requirements, understand upstream and downstream implications and dependencies, ensuring key solutions are executed and properly coordinated.
– Become familiar with one or more Lumen voice products’ processes, builds and designs
– Use training, M&Ps and peer knowledge to demonstrate ability to process tasks as assigned for incoming work
– Process orders according to SLAs, On Time Performance and quality standards
– Respond to maintenance and troubleshooting requests
– Able to provision install, change and disconnect orders with a strong focus for quality and customer care.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Education Requirements
o Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – May 2023.
o Major/Degree: Pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Data Science, MIS, Networking, Engineering, or a related field
• Proficiency and understanding of:
o Microsoft Suites
o Routing protocol knowledge is a plus
• Professional Attributes
o Strong drive for results and taking initiative to learn new information
o Intrinsically motivated to meet deadlines and achieve goals
o Comfortability in working directly with customers
o Ability to think creatively and think outside the box
o Ability to be resourceful and self-reliant
o Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Must be a self-starter to succeed in this role
• Work Setting
o Ideally the position will be in one of the following offices: Tulsa, OK or AZ office
o Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June – August)
o Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location if not remote (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 263176
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.